Bought a 2015 Santa Fe 2.0t Ultimate AWD....got lucky?

Wife wanted an SUV and daughter needed a car. So daughter got my Avalon and I got the wife's Fusion.
Anyway it has 109,000. Beautiful vehicle. I decided not to take the extended warranty. After Buying I read about all the engine issues Hyundai 's were having and I got nervous. While looking at the Carfax I noticed the words "engine work" listed on a Hyundai dealership at 100,054 miles. I called them and they said it received a new long block

I hope I dodged a bullet.

Can you still get the extended warranty. What's the trans service history.
Yes I could still buy an extended warranty but I think the prices are a little steep. Plus I believe that this engine will still have a warranty on it because of the class action lawsuit issue over their engines.

Yes we will see. Maybe the second owner just got spooked with the engine replacement issue.
or maybe the engine replacement was botched or didnt fix the issue.
I'm not a hater but some of their dealers are pretty uh..(bitog safe word)... Bad.

Have an ebrake that didnt work since new on one of the rear wheels..
They wanted $1500 to replace the front pads and the ebrake cable.

I noticed it on the first tire rotation because the tire was spinning midair with the brake on... thought it just needed adjustment.. but the e-brake cable was damaged and seized.
I did the front pads and rotors in 30min.. total and $100 I'd do the ebrake if I had a lift and knew which of the 6 replacement cable options it was.

Yeah, previous owners were probably not happy with the experience but if Hyundai replaced it then it should be fine for some time. Run it for as long as you can & it could be a decent buy.

Its not electric car level but I will never buy a used hyundai.. need that 10yr warranty for piece of mind.. on the transmission and engine.
We have had 4 new ones in the extended family.. been a mixed bag at higher mileage.

Yeah, previous owners were probably not happy with the experience but if Hyundai replaced it then it should be fine for some time. Run it for as long as you can & it could be a decent buy.
Yeah I'm hoping so The wife probably only puts less than $7,000 mi a year on her vehicle.

New long block means you have a new engine with 5000 miles on it. PO probably got spooked and decided it was time to trade anyway. I wouldn’t conclude anything foul here. Nice move with the other maintenance. I’ll be optimistic and say you did good.

Back