Blue Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried on a pair of jeans when I was probably 8 or 9. Never worn a pair since. Not sure what people see in them. It's like wearing sandpaper. If you think they are hard to find, try looking for corduroy pants in the last few years.
That doesn’t make sense for even a second.

The Levi’s “Premium” line I buy directly from Levi’s online is, in my opinion, a clear step up in quality from the regular Levi’s you buy most department stores.

Although, the only quality issues I’ve had with regular Levi’s is inconsistent sizing. Always needed to try them on to confirm sizing. The Premiums seem more consistent.

Carhartt jeans are fantastic, and the closest to Wrangler you’ll find. They hold up very well and come in different styles and colors.

My wife prefers other brands on me, but I like Carhartt for long lasting work pants.

Up until the 90s, Levi's had a strict policy that all of their jeans (even some specialty Dockers jeans) would be made in the US.
I don't think it was for all of their jeans. I am 57 and have never seen a pair that was made in USA (well, maybe I have, but I'm not asking if I can check the tag in other people's pants!). Maybe it is just the 501 jeans but the common 505 and 550 jeans I've owned were 0% US made.

Reminds me of New Balance shoes..... Supposedly there is a small line of them that is made in USA but the ones on the shelves in the stores are all made in China.

Carhartt jeans are fantastic, and the closest to Wrangler you’ll find. They hold up very well and come in different styles and colors.

My wife prefers other brands on me, but I like Carhartt for long lasting work pants.
I found one pair of the Carhart's at TSC. I bought them. Then ordered 2 pairs of jeans from all American Clothing. We shall see how those fit.

I don't think it was for all of their jeans. I am 57 and have never seen a pair that was made in USA (well, maybe I have, but I'm not asking if I can check the tag in other people's pants!). Maybe it is just the 501 jeans but the common 505 and 550 jeans I've owned were 0% US made.

Reminds me of New Balance shoes..... Supposedly there is a small line of them that is made in USA but the ones on the shelves in the stores are all made in China.
I have a pair of the USA made new balance. They are a world apart from the China made ones.

Seriously, the jeans were only American made until some time in the late 90s. It was big news around here because Levi's is still headquartered in San Francisco. The Haas family that privately owns Levi's was (and is still) prominent in the area, as they have their name on several places including Haas Pavilion and the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley.

But here's a photo of Levi's factory (looks like they're making Dockers?) in Edmonton, Alberta. If someone dropped this photo without explaining it, it could easily have been mistaken for being in Hong Kong or China.

rawImage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back