Best Wiper Blades?

I got a bunch of the RockAuto closeouts, they were all over the map for lifetime, but most of them had a short life, probably because they were so old- models no longer sold, old copyright dates.

Thanks for the video, double vanos. I'm feeling better about my purchase of Michelin silicone blades in September. So far they've been doing fine.

I hear good thing of the PIAA. But some say the silicone types causes white marks on the windshield???

maybe I'm locked in my ways but I'm partial to the Bosch Excel+ blades.. Rubber has lasted about a year, which is a long time lately with blades going bad in under 6 months! Interesting what was heard about silicone making marks on a windshield.. is the silicone melting against the friction of a wiper pass? hmm..

Originally Posted by researcher
maybe I'm locked in my ways but I'm partial to the Bosch Excel+ blades.. Rubber has lasted about a year, which is a long time lately with blades going bad in under 6 months! Interesting what was heard about silicone making marks on a windshield.. is the silicone melting against the friction of a wiper pass? hmm..

I heard Bigfoot likes pancakes too...

I seriously doubt the leaving marks problem, the Michelin silicone wipers have you run them for 5 minutes on a dry window prior to use (the PIAA wipers give you an impregnated wipe). Besides, the melting point of silicone elastomer is very high (in excess of 500F).

I'm guessing there are varying qualities of silicone. PIAA is a well respected brand.

There could also be a lot of fakes on Ebay and Amazon which cause the smearing.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by researcher

I heard Bigfoot likes pancakes too...

I seriously doubt the leaving marks problem, the Michelin silicone wipers have you run them for 5 minutes on a dry window prior to use (the PIAA wipers give you an impregnated wipe). Besides, the melting point of silicone elastomer is very high (in excess of 500F).

lol.. is that what you heard? wow.. great to know what bigfoot likes! hahaha...
lol.gif

yeah must be some cheap knockoff wipers leaving marks..

Trico Titan absolutely the best - and made in the USA. Better attachment system than Bosch, Michelin, or Goodyear, and longer lifespan than RainX Latitude which is otherwise a good option.

Last edited:
Yea... not sure if I will have problems with the PIAA like some others have bad experienced with. They are pricey

Originally Posted by littleant
Just wondering. Are the PIAA silicone blades quite when the wippers are set to delay/intermittent (no rubbing or draging sound. Thank you.

Quite quiet.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by littleant
Just wondering. Are the PIAA silicone blades quite when the wippers are set to delay/intermittent (no rubbing or draging sound. Thank you.

Quite quiet.

Thank you Sir.

I just noticed PIAA does not have beam type.

I should have listed, what is the best beam type wiper blades.

Last edited:
cool video Double Vanos. Clearly the beam types outperformed steel frames and hybrids. I'm using the cheapest Michelins from that video now. I would say they're sufficient but not great.

Actually I'm pretty inexperienced in this area. I have only some horrible stories to tell you, but I think those could help as well, like an example of "how not to do it". The first time I didn't even have any idea of how to change them, so the guy from the shop offered and they came off mid way on the road, it's pretty dangerous stuff, luckily I didn't injure anyone around. Last time I came prepared with all of my lessons learned cause I did a lot of resrach before hand, like reading articles, looking at profile sites, like this one https://cararac.com/wipers_sizes/ and asking a friend that knows at least some stuff about cars.

Bosch Icon, hands down-unless you have pin style wiper arms, in which case they don't fit-usually I use Trico beam blades on those, but they're not as good & don't last as long.
Ditto on Icon, Ditto on Beams failing to fit on Pin design cars.
Wish they did make a good flip/close adaptor for pin design vehicles similar to older metal frames. My old Dakota just cannot use a Beam at all. None I've tried ever stayed on long anyway. Grrrr!
Now' I've tried most models/brands of Beam blades for well over a decade now. Used old design wipers since mid 70's so had my share. Installed my own wipers & other car parts since buying my very first car (1967 Buick Lasabre. Hey it had the biggest back seat I could afford) back when I was 14.
Mostly used Beams on Toyota's & Infiniti's and nothing, I do mean "Nothing" compares to Icons. They are simply outstanding folks!
Now my wife's Infiniti had them on it when we bought it. The first time we used them we just fell in love & its been Beams ever since. My being a big cheapo here I'd have never tried any Beam wiper had they not been on that car when purchased. Retired now we do a lot of Interstate driving & omg how beams really shine there. We never had any work like the Icons though, even during extreme down pours we never need our wipers set on high anymore. I do mean never! Means our wiper motor/bushings will last longer too fwiw.
Every Bosch beams I've tried did better than other brand wipers but the Icon lasts so much longer I just buy them. Usually from Rockauto or if their on sale before I actually need any.
By far the worst beam I used were Rain-X, Streak after a couple months & very short life they were awful vs the Bosch! Wally used to sell a Bosch Marathon series very reasonably priced. Those did the job very well but again not nearly as long lived like the Icon. Price was right for what you got but I've not seen those in a long while?
Trico has a decent one with a large spoiler area to help push them to the glass better but again a much shorter life span than Icon. Last Trico blades I bought didnt fit so well.
Valero makes some that perform about same as the cheaper Bosch series wipers. Worked great, far shorter life! Same ol song & dance it seems.

Last edited:
Back