Wiper Blades

I like the Rain-X Latitudes and I get them cheap($5-$6 each), however my issue with them is that the wiping edge tears in about a year or so. It usually starts tearing on the top and/or bottom and I can often snip it to stop it from spreading, which helps them last longer.
Exactly my experience. After one year, half the Rain-X blade is hanging off the wiper.

If they cost me $5-6 this might be acceptable, but not at the $11-$12 I have to pay for them.

Michelin silicone has been working well for me. If you can get any blade under $5 or less, then changing them out more often is OK, as long as they work well for at least 6 months.

I buy $5 ANCO blades and change them once a year. I think they are the supplier of SuperTech blades.

I hate buying expensive blades and having to live with them streaking to try and chase my investment. I never buy beam style blades as they are inherently flawed with very uneven pressure.

Rather than start a new thread I wanted to mention that my 8 yr old OE Valeo blades have finally started chattering. I have to say I'm impressed with the longevity of these blades but imo it's more of a testament to how covered parking will extend the life of your car.

$37 for a set at FCP Euro vs $51 from AAP. Of course being FCP Euro I'm going to have to look at some Liqui Moly products. lol.

Back