Best Total Vegetation Killer

I've sorta been disappointed in the results of Round Up 365. I want something that kills and plant life for eternity. I'm not concerned
about anything but flat out killing everything that is living a few areas of my driveway, side of my garage and flower gardens. I am familiar how Round Up works. Somebody told me Killzall 365 was good stuff.

Do you want something that turns your place into a toxic hazmat indefinitely? or just specific plant? I think pouring enough of anything will kill everything for good forever (bleach, vinegar, engine oil, boiling water, etc). I'd be careful if you ever want to sell your house or let your children inherit it though.

Be advised... I have seen rainwater carry this stuff beyond where it was sprayed. Might not be the stuff that you want to spray up against wifey's flower gardens...
That’s what my vinegar concoction did - never going to do that stuff again unless I want scorched earth (path) …
Not for a small clean cut border …

What is Roundup 365 vs just the Roundup with the red cap stuff?

The red cap stuff mixed 3 ounces of chemical to 1 gallon of water has never failed me. Do it on a warm sunny day when plants are absorbing the sunlight and low wind if you value what is growing next to it. I also add a little dish soap to make it stick too.

READ THE LABEL! There are several categories of herbicides. Keeping it simple, there are 1.) post emergent herbicides that absorb through the above ground plant parts and either burn the top off or translocate to kill both tops and roots (Glyphosate). There are pre-emergent herbicides that "should" get locked into the top 1 inch of soil and they prevent new weed (seeds) from germinating. Some herbicide do and/or are a mixture of both post and pre-emergent.

READ THE LABEL! The Pramitol that the OP is using specifically lists on the label: DO NOT USE IN A RESIDENTIAL SETTING.

It also states: It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Something to consider in today's litigious society - neighbor's cat takes a dust bath in the Pramitol soil, licks itself.......................

https://f.hubspotusercontent30.net/hubfs/4028833/Specimen Labels/Specimen-Pramitol25E-66222-22.pdf

Last edited:
I've found Round-up under blue spruces will make the needles start to drop big time. If I wanted to kill and stay killed I'd use salt but it will run off if the grade is set up that way.

This is 3 days after applying Round Up “ Red cap” with glyphosate on a ball diamond where the grass and weeds were encroaching towards the baselines. The instructions say that the plants will start to be affected within 3 days but it will take 2 to 4 weeks to kill it to the roots. Rain will not affect it two hours after spraying, according to the instructions.

A51EA8C1-1EED-4788-8533-0FFC2D7E3DE1.jpeg

It works best through leaves, especially with other ingredients that improve absorption through that mechanism. However, it can be absorbed by roots, but its tendency to bind to clay soils (where it will then biodegrade) means that it's not terribly effective just dumping it in soil.

Glyphosate has an affinity to bind to soil particles and thus mostly accumulates in the top-soil layers. Processes like surface runoff, drift, and vertical transport in soil may transport it to groundwater, surface water, and water sediment.​
Seems right to me - select an area of weeds or grass - hit just one plant - it dies but even after a rain later that day nothing else dies …
Vinegar on the other hand spreads and does wider damage …

Back to the original question, the best solution here is to kill the existing weeds back with RoundUp and apply slow release Casoron granules. Casoron is a pre-emergent herbicide that won't kill live plants like shrubs and ornamentals but keeps new weeds from sprouting. It looks and is applied annually in early spring like granulated grass fertilizer .

What is Roundup 365 vs just the Roundup with the red cap stuff?

The red cap stuff mixed 3 ounces of chemical to 1 gallon of water has never failed me. Do it on a warm sunny day when plants are absorbing the sunlight and low wind if you value what is growing next to it. I also add a little dish soap to make it stick too.
I believe red cap and 365 have well under 20% glyphosate, possibly single digits.

QuikPro is 73.3% glyphosate and 2.9% diquat.

I try to avoid the chemicals as our runoff ends up in an Estuary behind our home. Another vote for vinegar especially in a pump sprayer as you waste far less.

Our soil is has pfas around (forever chemicals) that contaminate some people drinking water wells. Thankfully our well is clear however a $250 test .

Last edited:
I used glyophasate in the form of a product called eraser. Cut some Nandina down just above the ground and painted it onto the cut root stem. Knocks em pretty hard. I have only seen a couple small sprouts from a few stubs after a few months but my weed whacker takes care of that until I pull the stumps

You want a " Soil Sterilizer " . Roundup has no residual effect . Read the labels carefully . When it says ok to plant after a certain period of time , you've got the wrong product .
I Round upped [glyphosate] my 3.5 acres of grass several times and the day begore seeding to allow the grass seeds to germinate before all the weeds in the seed bank and it kinda helped , I should have used more serious stuff.

Back