Behold a Pale Horse - 3

A little over 5-1/4 years since I posted the first pale horse here's my new Pale Horse.

Apologies for the lighting, it was available near dusk, but same location as the first.

Been a lot of renewal the last bit of time, and just over a month to our wedding.

Attachments

• 20220905_171433.jpg
    20220905_171433.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 157
  • 20220905_171354.jpg
    20220905_171354.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220905_171411.jpg
    20220905_171411.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 20220905_171512.jpg
    20220905_171512.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 160
Been a lot of renewal the last bit of time, and just over a month to our wedding.
Congratulations and good luck.

Nice beard--I tried to grow it longer but the wife started to dislike it. Oh well.

Congrats my friend! And nice to see you posting a bit more again. Your beard is looking like you might be able to do the Marco braided/spun version here shortly:
1662399503204.jpg

1662399524857.jpg

Congrats my friend! And nice to see you posting a bit more again. Your beard is looking like you might be able to do the Marco braided/spun version here shortly:
View attachment 115697
View attachment 115698

Haha...yes, there's actually a dark streak that makes it look forked, but yeas, can and do "braid" it a bit...at time...not at work...given that I clean shaved for "Movember" last year (won't this year, that's gone), it's not bad...would be better if I hadn't cut my hair in 2019, for the first time this century...now on that bandwagon every 6-8 weeks....

Handfasting will have a viking menu, that one of the local establishments has prepared...we canned the pickled herring.

I'm not really familiar with that vehicle. What engine, drivetrain, MPG, performance etc?

If you recall back to Pale Horse 1, the MY 2017 Colorado, they were sold alongside the Isuzu RG DMax.

Colorado was 2.8 Duramax, based on VM engine, same as yours, with the 6L50E trans (earlier Colorados had 3.0 Isuzu engine)...the D-Max was Isuzu 3.0L at the same time.

Holden shut shop in Oz, and sold their Colorado factory to Great Wall.

So this is an Isuzu D-Max, made in Thailand (more on that later). 3.0L Isuzu engine (4JJ3), a new block update based on the old4JJ1. Gearbox is an Aisin 6 speed, same as the hilux. Front and Rear Diffs are same fit as the RG Colorado, however the D-Max also has an electronic locker in the rear.

Won 4WD of the year, alongside the Mazda BT50 (repanneled D-Max - BT50 used to be Ford Rangers, however this year the new ranger shares a platform with the new VW Amarok).

This is the top specced X-Terrain, with ARB (winch compatible) bullbar, Isuzu light bar, Bonnet Protector, cordless phone charging option, and 3.5T towbar...can load 975Kg, and tow 3,500Kg. Swapped the Bridgestone Deuller H/Ts with Pirelli Scorpion AT (I loathe the Deuller H/Ts, and most 4WDS come with them.
The Colorado came off lease in April, this was ordered Feb, and Arrived in Spetember - the lease companies buying power got it 6 months earlier than most buyres (had to book a Hilux test drive 8 weeks out for the dealer to have a demo - ordered the DMax before they even responded with a future date for a test drive)...Other considerations were a Nissan Navara Pro4x Warrior, but they carry just over a tonne, and don't meet the legal requirements for a Lease).

Road test of the 2021 model here - he also does those tests on Youtube, so you can see them offroad.

If interested in specs and brochure

the 4JJ engine is DOHC, chain drive...and given that Thailand have tax laws that include a 300% tax on imports, have become part of their everything fast scene...1,000hp, 7 secod drag cars with a 3.0 diesel...you can see a few without sheet metal around them here...

I wish we could get your range of trucks here! Very nice.

Yep, made for an interesting path of choices.
Isuzu DMax (this one)
Mazda BT50 (same car, different look)
Nissan Navara
Nissan Navara Pro 4X (with the fairly wildly modified Warrior available).
Mercedes (Based on Navara platform, different drive train etc.
Ford Ranger (With the heavily modified Raptor being ridiculously expensive long lead time) don't like the original platform.
New Ford Ranger - wrong bade.
VW Amarok (based on Ranger, but don't like the badge, nor lack of low ranfe)

Pretty OK
LDV T60 - first 5 star safeety Chinese Ute - was seriously on the list, but couldn't get a test drive, bar a mates
Great Wall Cannon - 5 star safety too, great reviews

Others
Foton Tunland (Cummins 2.8, ZF Box, Dana Diffs)
Sangyong Musso
Mahindra
Jeep

Yes I was going to mention that the Mazda pickup comes out of the same Isuzu Thailand plant. Australia loves their utes.

Yes I was going to mention that the Mazda pickup comes out of the same Isuzu Thailand plant. Australia loves their utes.
Top vehicle segments by market share

• 4×4 utes: 17.9 per cent
  • Medium SUVs: 17.2 per cent
  • Small SUVs: 14.2 per cent
  • Large SUVs: 12.3 per cent
  • Small cars: 10.4 per cent

The Thailand Utes are all good on build quality, nothing much goes wrong with them on that count, it's just design faults, and there are always plenty of those...from my point of view anyway.

You missed out on the Triton of course....there is still some lingering internet hate for Mitsubishi. A few months back the Triton was top selling ute, and Mitsubishi top selling brand in NZ...probably due to specials deals...who had them, and who didn't.

Back