Back To An All Toyota Fleet

Beautiful car! I can't blame you I had the same thing happen to me on my 2010 F-150. It had a motor replacement and after I got it back I found a bunch of stuff either loose or missing, motor didn't sound very healthy and also did not pull as strongly as before. It was promptly replaced.

Last edited:
1703301355863.jpg

As much as I hate to say it I’ve been considering a Toyota Camry or Corolla for my replacement for my Escape that is just plain worn out. I would have to have the AWD version though as I can’t use snow as an excuse not to come in. Personally I want a TRD one but that’s probably out of my price range lol. I am considering a Crosstrek too. I said I’d never buy another Toyota since they are very nit picky on warranty and would not replace my mom’s fraying serpentine belt under warranty but I’ve kinda gotten over that. And if I get one it’d have to be a different color than the basics lol. Personally I’d never buy an ex-rental car but as long as you like it that’s what counts.

The last few cars my mother owned were low mileage ex rental cars. Luckly never really had anything extra wrong with them at least beyond normal expected stuff per given car (Dodge products).

As much as I hate to say it I’ve been considering a Toyota Camry or Corolla for my replacement for my Escape that is just plain worn out. I would have to have the AWD version though as I can’t use snow as an excuse not to come in. Personally I want a TRD one but that’s probably out of my price range lol. I am considering a Crosstrek too. I said I’d never buy another Toyota since they are very nit picky on warranty and would not replace my mom’s fraying serpentine belt under warranty but I’ve kinda gotten over that. And if I get one it’d have to be a different color than the basics lol. Personally I’d never buy an ex-rental car but as long as you like it that’s what counts.
Just recently I visited a dealership to look at a car, that seems to be the perfect fit for you based on given info. I took it for extended test drive.
It was a Rav4 Hybrid with cool orange leather interior. Felt nice, roomy, and comfy. Power was adequate, and keeping MPG over 40 took zero effort with 4 adults. No one does hybrids better than Toyota. It was a nice ride, AWD, obviously super fuel efficient in its segment, and had a used car price tag of $16,000 at 100k miles. Bigger than Camry, Corolla, or Crosstrek. Similar to the Edge size. Idk your price range, but all things considered - something like that may be worth looking into.

Gr Corolla? It's AWD and not just a boring normal reliable Corolla

Honestly a good set of tires and you'd be fine with a FWD. It doesn't snow as much where you live as I live.

I can understand the rental car thing. But if it can survive 28,000 miles as a rental it will be just fine as a commuter for us!

In other news, been driving it to work here and there this week. Has netted me 36mpg average according to the computer. Not too shabby for the terrain I'm in. I like the LED headlights; while not as bright as the Tacoma it's far better than the Subuwu. The tires are definitely up for replacement in the Spring. They sound like mudder tires on a truck. To be expected with factory tires. The factory set on our old 2015 Camry were absolute garbage.

These were incredible cars. straight 6?

we had a 77 corona with the 2.2L and 5MT. We sold it at 106k miles. Saw it years later still going string with 440k on the odometer, all original, even after having been rolled off the road and landing on its side. Ours had an odd penchant for blowing light bulbs and fuses.
2.8 L dual overhead cam hemi straight six.

Paco

When I first brought it home the belt cover bolt was hand tight. Bolt missing on the water pump pulley. Ground cables loose, etc. No telling what else isn't re-assembled right. Also the CVT has been acting sorta funny.
CVT still acting sorta funny???

Back