Automotive Fads From the '80s

and some really awesome ones they hate for no reason :D

T-tops are awesome!
Headlight wipers are cool, and I wish all cars had them! Europe requires headlight washers, and the US should, too.
Digital Dashes are awesome
Those graphics need to come back, too

I actually appreciate the paint jobs from the '80s. Sure, they're not great, but they have character. Seems like most new cars today are either blue, red, or fall somewhere on the grey scale.

9BF625A9-300A-4296-AA18-BAFD6833F968.jpeg

I actually appreciate the paint jobs from the '80s. Sure, they're not great, but they have character. Seems like most new cars today are either blue, red, or fall somewhere on the grey scale.
Ugh, yeah, on my commute the other day (one lane each direction for part of it, I was stuck in traffic, so I was not moving and it was safe to look around before anyone complains why I'm counting cars instead of paying attention to the road) I counted 13 silver/gray/related cars and crossovers in a row :'( the sad part is that's what I, too, drive currently. But if I could have picked the color I'd have gone with blue, white, or black.

I remember all the ‘call outs’ on vehicles back then - ‘DOHC’ ‘TWIN CAM’ ‘5-SPEED’ ‘V-6’ on the side or back of the vehicle because they were ‘special’ back then!

Back