Audi Says Goodbye to IC Engines

Seems to me that electric charge stations will start to addition to, or even replace, some of the existing gas pumps at these locations. Cant let a good gas station network go to waste!
Or the burned out Burger Kings...
Tesla Supercahrger in Kettleman, CA (between LA and San Jose) used to be a Burger King.
Now it's a huge charging and rest location.

As far as the Euro manufacturers are concerned they have no choice Brussels set the agenda.

Nope. Audi knows their best sedan is the new e-Tron GT. Porsche knows the Taycan is better than the Panamera. BMW and Mercedes know they’ll never make a 1,000+ HP ICE sedan than can keep up with a Tesla Plaid.

In the performance and luxury segment, EVs are just better cars.

Nope. Audi knows their best sedan is the new e-Tron GT. Porsche knows the Taycan is better than the Panamera. BMW and Mercedes know they’ll never make a 1,000+ HP ICE sedan than can keep up with a Tesla Plaid.

Better in what way? All this performance and 1000 HP talk is total mind diddle. Reality is there are speed limits, snow, pot holes and roads better suited to track vehicles and Unimogs and going 90 MPH in this state at least depending on the cop could put you on your sneakers. A 200HP engine in mid size cars is more than adequate for most drivers.
A top fuel car has 11000+ HP so it seems they must be a better car and they are if your objective is going down a 1/4 mile track.

Total HP and 0-60 doesn't make it the best sedan they offer, the truth is these EVs are very heavy due to the batteries and that compromises handling and nimbleness. It may appeal to a select few, but Audi is cutting their nose off despite themselves with a majority of their customers.

No more gas or diesel engines 12 years from now, except in China.

China, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand,Cambodia, India, Africa...

Total HP and 0-60 doesn't make it the best sedan they offer, the truth is these EVs are very heavy due to the batteries and that compromises handling and nimbleness. It may appeal to a select few, but Audi is cutting their nose off despite themselves with a majority of their customers.

As for weight, the 2021 Audi RS7 weighs a ridiculous 4,938 lbs.

The 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range weighs 4,561 lbs., 377 lbs LESS than the RS7.

The Tesla also has equal or longer range. 17 MPG combined x 19.3 gallon tank is 328 miles for the RS7.

Tesla also has the edge on cargo room, power, acceleration, infotainment and driver assistance for $34,000 less.

The Audi has nice materials inside, but that’s about it.

Last edited:
I cannot speak to all EVs, but Teslas, while very heavy, have a very low center of gravity. Model 3 cars are excellent handling vehicles. Extremely nimble.

Better in what way? All this performance and 1000 HP talk is total mind diddle. Reality is there are speed limits, snow, pot holes and roads better suited to track vehicles and Unimogs and going 90 MPH in this state at least depending on the cop could put you on your sneakers. A 200HP engine in mid size cars is more than adequate for most drivers.
A top fuel car has 11000+ HP so it seems they must be a better car and they are if your objective is going down a 1/4 mile track.

I agree, but that’s what sells cars. The Model S Plaid has created more hype than the last M5, E63 AMG and RS7 combined.

In the luxury segment, the effortless, uninterrupted (no shifting required) torque is better. The quieter ride is better. The greater cargo space (with a frunk) is better. The super-low CG and incredibly stable chassis is better.

Last edited:
A 2021 Porsche Panamera Turbo S Executive weighs 4,839 lbs and most the upper level Taycans with AWD are in the 4,700 to 5,000 lbs range.

Usually when you get into the big V8 turbo AWD German sedans, they often weigh as much or more than equivalent EVs.

A 2021 Porsche Panamera Turbo S Executive weighs 4,839 lbs and most the upper level Taycans with AWD are in the 4,700 to 5,000 lbs range.

Usually when you get into the big V8 turbo AWD German sedans, they often weigh as much or more than equivalent EVs.

Fact is I wouldn't even consider a vehicle weighing more than about 3700 lbs, and I consider that obese.
My current two vehicles weight in at 2350 and 2800 lbs.

cheap chinese evs may make an inroad in europe. they’re getting pretty good at it
The problem with the Chinese manufacturers is the lack of safety competence, they tend to have horrible crash test results.
That being said almost any modern day vehicle is far safer than anything was even a couple of decades ago.
I personally could care less about any kind of safety regulations or standards passed after 1985 in the USA.
Back until the past five or six years or so South Africa was still manufacturing the Golf MKI as a brand new car mildly updated,
I would gladly have bought one if they were legal to sell in the USA.

I agree, but that’s what sells cars. The Model S Plaid has created more hype than the last M5, E63 AMG and RS7 combined.

In the luxury segment, the effortless, uninterrupted (no shifting required) torque is better. The quieter ride is better. The greater cargo space (with a frunk) is better. The super-low CG and incredibly stable chassis is better.
Oh I know, I see some old lady with magoo glasses driving a Camry with the V6 at 20 mph in a 45 zone. It make no sense at all but...
Battery technology, battery longevity and cost has to get much better than it is for me to even consider one. No one denies the power, efficiency and smoothness of the electric motor but battery anxiety is very real.
I have a friend with a newer model S, it has quickly become a second car because of it.

Back