Are New Vehicles Too Expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by supton

No less carried away than you. Vettes have little to do with common pedestrian commuters, and are more like high end cars where such problems exist (lack of spares). Don't like the risk then don't buy a 'vette or anything similar. Just stick with vehicles that were churned out in the millions--spares will always abound. And when those spares aren't in common supply--it's time to move on, there's a reason why the spares are gone.

They don't need to be mass produced to have spare parts. IIRC, you can order parts for any Mercedes ever made for example, I believe that may also be the case for BMW.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

No less carried away than you. Vettes have little to do with common pedestrian commuters, and are more like high end cars where such problems exist (lack of spares). Don't like the risk then don't buy a 'vette or anything similar. Just stick with vehicles that were churned out in the millions--spares will always abound. And when those spares aren't in common supply--it's time to move on, there's a reason why the spares are gone.

They don't need to be mass produced to have spare parts. IIRC, you can order parts for any Mercedes ever made for example, I believe that may also be the case for BMW.

Fair enough. [Although at what price?] I still think avoiding high end cars (and/or cars sold in small quantities) will lead to cheaper repair costs. Generally speaking.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Fair enough. [Although at what price?] I still think avoiding high end cars (and/or cars sold in small quantities) will lead to cheaper repair costs. Generally speaking.

My experience ordering BMW parts was that they were surprisingly reasonably priced. Not sure how it is with Mercedes but I think it might have been JHZR2 that ordered some for his old girl and they were not crazy pricey
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back