Time to buy a new GM vehicle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is I wish I still had my 1972 Plymouth Duster.

Sniff.

Slant-6 motorvation. Three on the tree tranny.
30 mpg on level ground going 55 mph.

Comfy, basic, reliable, easy to work on.

Sniff.

We just picked up a Saab 9-2x Aero 5spd with Cold Package and Luxury Package for a tick over $21K after Gm Discount. Sticker was $29.5ish. Get little car for my wife who traded her Trailblazer for it. This car has the WRX 2.0T with 227hp. The base model can be had for around $17k with 165hp.

Now I just need to figure out what fluids to use in this vehicle. I would like to stick with Amsoil as I am a dealer but not afraid to try others. Really wondering what to use in the Trans, Front Diff combo. They call for a GL-5. Many resources say not to use synthetic while others say it is fine. It was a tad low when we picked it up and I did not notice until the next morning. So I picked up some fluid at the Saab dealer as I was in my truck. They gave me the GM Syn Axle Lube 75-90, the grape stuff. Not sure if it was the right stuff so I have not added yet.

I would buy another GM car (I have a Grand Prix GT now), but there isn't anything in the lineup that excites me. The only two that would make my list are teh Impala SS and the Saab 9-2x (and that is a Subaru). The Impala looks too much like a fleet vehicle and is being replaced by a new model in a few months.

The L67 engine in the Impala SS would be reliable and easy to upgrade the output on. The 9-2x would be a bit small for me. The only other long shot is the Colorado crew cab pickup.

The Corvette isn't included in the "employee discount to the public" offer. GM makes some good cars. FWIW I haven't had any problems at all with my 2002 Cavalier.
cheers.gif
[/QB][/QUOTE]
Some cars that sell !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back