GM to begin prevention of Apple carplay and Android Auto use in new models beginning in 2024

I have 2024 Malibu. Android Auto works fine. It's also Apple Car Play ready.
I love the CarPlay/Android auto because rental cars have it standard and I just plug in phone and can navigate where I want to go with out fumbling for placement of phone to see in new car and interface is the same irrelevant to car maker.

I’ll avoid GM rental cars if I can pick if they omit feature….

I love the CarPlay/Android auto because rental cars have it standard and I just plug in phone and can navigate where I want to go with out fumbling for placement of phone to see in new car and interface is the same irrelevant to car maker.

I’ll avoid GM rental cars if I can pick if they omit feature….
I avoid all GM cars under all circumstances...

I have 2024 Malibu. Android Auto works fine. It's also Apple Car Play ready.

It's only on EVs. My 2024 XT4 has Android Auto and Car Play. However, I do have the newer Android Auto based system they're using in the EVs, I have access to the Play Store and can download apps like Waze, podcast players and music streaming services directly to the car if I prefer.

Just made B2B road trips:
GM/Google navigation was excellent
Jeep navigation is garbage even after $160 update
I tend to follow live broadcasts and keep my iPhone in my pocket

while i personally won’t be buying any new vehicles from any make, GM would get my money any day for a pickup. you couldn’t give me a new ford/ram. for cars, don’t look at ANY domestic automaker. honda, mazda or toyota in that order.

Gross inconvenience for many but the work around is simple, an AC vent clamp style mount for your smartphone, everything old will be new again.

Reactions: GON
Back