2016 Colorado/Canyon diesel news release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who are content with diesel emissions controls are boring people who care not about the performance of a vehicle and simply see it as a tool to bring people and stuff from point A to B and back. Probably also the same people that pay the dealer $300 for an oil change and have no idea how sooty EGR and other [censored] makes every part of the engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: used_0il

Question; What will the recommended engine oil be for the Diesel Canyon/Colorados?

Dexos 2 approved 5w-30 oil

Hard to come by unless you're content with the synthetic blend GM oil or AC Delco oil. I found the Total Quartz FS 5w-30 listed at autohausaz.com for like $40/gallon or something like that.

In the transportation industry, boring is good.
And thanks for the personality profile simplified.
If I ripped out my DEF tank and DPF, would that affect the trade-in value of my Dmax?

So Horse 123, lets do a profile on people who disconnect, chip, disable or remove the emission equipment from their vehicles.

It would negatively affect your value if you're trading it in, it would positively affect it if you were selling on your own, because people buying used trucks want that [censored] removed so they don't have to pay for it themselves.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that an removing engine-hampering and potentially damaging system would DECREASE the value of the vehicle. That's like saying you'd get more for worn, cracking tires on steel rims than brand new aluminum wheels with brand new all terrain tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back