Anyone still like use wix mahnn filters now?

How are you cutting the oil filters open so you dont get metal shavings inside?? If i am deciding how the engine is doing I dont want metal chunks to wonder where they came from.

Went to Napa yesterday for a 7502 filter for my F150, instantly handed it back when I saw the Purolator baseplate/inlet holes and louvers. Fram and Supertech Ecore from here on out, Ill give the Microgard Select a try also.

How are you cutting the oil filters open so you dont get metal shavings inside?? If i am deciding how the engine is doing I dont want metal chunks to wonder where they came from.
Oil filter cutter, like this. Many available on eBay and Amazon.

Searching for the "True Oil Filter" is like searching for the "True Religion".

If Mann filters are inferior, is that also true for the cartridge filters used for Euro vehicles?

For my Corvette, I stick with the AC Delcos.

True oil filter? Nahhh.... just want one that doesn't fail in service and isn't overpriced. And, is also plus is when it actually filters something too.

Fram and Supertech Ecore from here on out
Me too. I had run through a bunch of Wix filters consecutively and then didn't even realize they changed until I saw photos posted here, looked at one I had and saw the louvered center tube.

So I switched back to Fram Ultra and then learned that Ultras changed too...

I'm going e-core next. I used one when they first came out and then read here how bad they were, the nylon center tube with the big windows, yadda yadda, but they seem to be totally fine and at least you know what you're getting when you buy them, and they're cheap.

Unfortunately, I don't really feel like any of the filters are that great anymore. We may be past a golden era that we didn't even realize we were in.

Oh, and since air filters were mentioned earlier in this thread, I currently have a Wix air filter in my daily driver and won't be buying another one when the time comes.

Wow! So it would seem,the majority here are leaving wix.you don't like mahn Hummel. I am on this as well obviously my post..corporations ruin everything.pie and participate is child labor,outsource too communist regimes who hate America .then sell it back too us
So since Mann & Hummel owns Purolator and is now manufacturing filters in china, Mexico, Vietnam, and The USA under the Purolator brand.
Is everyone going to stop buying Purolator?
It is a way for Mann and Hummel to have dominance over the world. Save’s on cost of shipping and helps the supply chain stay open.

Last edited:
Yah this whole thread is Moot. Just like Champion labs who makes K&N and I do believe Mobile 1 they are made in Korea. It’s a business model that was made because labor and the tax burden is to high in America.
I just have no idea what you're saying in reference to my post.

I buy the USA made Purolator (Bosch, CQ, etc) filters.

The factory is still 20 minutes from my house, even if the sign out front has changed. I don't care which conglomerate currently owns them - if I can buy a filter made in my home town I will.

I just have no idea what you're saying in reference to my post.

I buy the USA made Purolator (Bosch, CQ, etc) filters.

The factory is still 20 minutes from my house, even if the sign out front has changed. I don't care which conglomerate currently owns them - if I can buy a filter made in my home town I will.
Yes I get it. purolator is now assembled in Mexico, Vietnam, poland, and America just like WIX is. That’s why this thread is moot. One oil change you might have a filter made in Mexico the next USA then China all made by purolator. That’s how Mann and Hummel work. They have factories all over the world. So it really doesn’t matter where it’s made anymore.

I have used the NAPA Gold 1348 in the past because they had the base plate bypass. Looked at one this morning at NAPA and it is no longer constructed that way. Guess it’s off my list now.

Back