Anyone ever give this oil a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1607773004078.jpeg

0C6ACDB0-5F77-494A-9AAE-329B8D430476.jpeg

I would not, too many oils of known quality, to risk using this, until there is more data.

On the back of the bottle it lists "specifications" with manufacturer requirements.

Does that mean approvals?

I would not, too many oils of known quality, to risk using this, until there is more data.

On the back of the bottle it lists "specifications" with manufacturer requirements.

I’m sure that’s what it means. I’m sending off a virgin sample today to see what it looks like. Probably use it in my 2005 F150 as a test mule.

Meets the Ford spec. Which is the only one I care about really and uses the same language as any other major oil brand on the market including motorcraft.

That's about the second (?) thread you've started on Triax products, why the interest? They obfuscate some of their PDS so badly I'd be inclined to avoid them for that fact alone. Why mess around with such a company? Considering how they conflate and confuse their "Specifications" listing I'm not sure I'd believe in anything on that list.

Besides the threads you've started there are more.

Exactly. If a company can't (or won't) get that right, what else are they doing wrong. That list is a bunch of malarkey.

Meets the Ford spec. Which is the only one I care about really and uses the same language as any other major oil brand on the market including motorcraft.
For a specification it is correct language, but that's not all of what's in that list. That's where the problem comes in for me.

That's about the second (?) thread you've started on Triax products, why the interest? They obfuscate some of their PDS so badly I'd be inclined to avoid them for that fact alone. Why mess around with such a company? Considering how they conflate and confuse their "Specifications" listing I'm not sure I'd believe in anything on that list.

Besides the threads you've started there are more.
Umm, just a question if anyone has used this oil? What is so wrong with that? The Ford specifications seems pretty clear to me. Sorry you don’t like the language they use.

Umm, just a question if anyone has used this oil? What is so wrong with that? The Ford specifications seems pretty clear to me. Sorry you don’t like the language they use.
Correct. But there is a reason and it's solidly technical, and it is related to competency.

I had never heard of Triax until now in spite of other BITOG threads on this oil.

Question: can you have TOO much boron and moly in an engine oil?

And it’s sold on Amazon for $27.50 per gallon jug. What raises an eyebrow with me is this claim:
  • “Friction modified; active plating on engine parts; extremely resilient, regenerative layering of Moly & Boron on metals......”
Note- bold highlighting is mine

For Star Trek fans, that sounds like Borg technology.

I’d like to see the VOA on this oil when it comes back. And hopefully a UOA, too.

I had never heard of Triax until now in spite of other BITOG threads on this oil.

Question: can you have TOO much boron and moly in an engine oil?

And it’s sold on Amazon for $27.50 per gallon jug. What raises an eyebrow with me is this claim:
  • “Friction modified; active plating on engine parts; extremely resilient, regenerative layering of Moly & Boron on metals......”
Note- bold highlighting is mine

For Star Trek fans, that sounds like Borg technology.

I’d like to see the VOA on this oil when it comes back. And hopefully a UOA, too.
I’ll post the VOA when I get back. Just mailed it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back