Anyone ever give this oil a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard of Triax until now in spite of other BITOG threads on this oil.

Question: can you have TOO much boron and moly in an engine oil?

And it’s sold on Amazon for $27.50 per gallon jug. What raises an eyebrow with me is this claim:
  • “Friction modified; active plating on engine parts; extremely resilient, regenerative layering of Moly & Boron on metals......”
Note- bold highlighting is mine

For Star Trek fans, that sounds like Borg technology.

I’d like to see the VOA on this oil when it comes back. And hopefully a UOA, too.
I got it for $85 for 4 gallons on Amazon.

I’ve seen a lot of ATF/CVT fluids from this brand that supposedly meet a crazy amount of different transmission specs. Never pulled the trigger because it was the price of Idemitsu fluid (which is the same fluid that gets sold as Nissan fluid for 2.5x the cost) and that is more expensive than Castrol and Valvoline which also meets spec and is what I use now.

Snake oil! We already had discussion in Euro oil forums. They put VW 504.00/507.00 approval requirement with 0W40 and 5W40 oil, although VW504.00/507.00 is strictly 0W30 or 5W30. Not only they do not have approval, but actually they DO NOT KNOW what approval consists of.

Snake oil! We already had discussion in Euro oil forums. They put VW 504.00/507.00 approval requirement with 0W40 and 5W40 oil, although VW504.00/507.00 is strictly 0W30 or 5W30. Not only they do not have approval, but actually they DO NOT KNOW what approval consists of.
1612967376059.png

Don’t see that anywhere but ok. 👍🏼

View attachment 44878
Don’t see that anywhere but ok. 👍🏼
I know it is OK, but you need to look better:

I know it is OK, but you need to look better:
Maybe take your own advise and read through the link you provided.

Maybe take your own advise and read through the link you provided.
So, their oil is designed to be compatible with standard that doesn’t recognize 5W40 oils? That is some interesting “engineering.”
Here is what you going to do: tell your buddies to send this oil for VW504.00/507.00 approval, and let us know what VW says.

So, their oil is designed to be compatible with standard that doesn’t recognize 5W40 oils? That is some interesting “engineering.”
Here is what you going to do: tell your buddies to send this oil for VW504.00/507.00 approval, and let us know what VW says.
The link you provided says it outperforms the spec you’re referencing with respect to wear and sludge. I’m not saying it’s true or false. But I don’t see where they claim VW 50700 on any of their product sheets or bottles. The short synopsis you’re quoting from may not even be their claim and may be a misprint from a marketing department. Don’t know. But that wording doesn’t appear when you click on the link.

The link you provided says it outperforms the spec you’re referencing with respect to wear and sludge. I’m not saying it’s true or false. But I don’t see where they claim VW 50700 on any of their product sheets or bottles. The short synopsis you’re quoting from may not even be their claim and may be a misprint from a marketing department. Don’t know. But that wording doesn’t appear when you click on the link.
Oh but there is more.
So, how does outperforms. Vw507.00 when VW doesn’t test 5W40? And, what is Skoda specification? That doesn’t even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back