Triax 5w30 SRT

1606673682840.jpeg

Not a bad price. Just ordered it this morning. Will send off a virgin sample when I get it.

4 quarts is a gallon. I ordered some oil from them a while back. They substituted it with a muvh lower cost product that I had no use for. They wanted me to keep it and call it even. It was shipped back for a refund but it was a hassle. Let us know how your purchase goes.

You can do better than that price for solely API licensed oil. I don’t understand the interest in this brand, especially considering the way they obfuscate their approvals.

You can do better than that price for solely API licensed oil. I don’t understand the interest in this brand, especially considering the way they obfuscate their approvals.
I’d say a PAO and Ester based oil with API rating at $5.31 a quart is pretty **** good.

I’d say a PAO and Ester based oil with API rating at $5.31 a quart is pretty **** good.
There is nothing on their page that indicates this particular oil is PAO and Ester based, FYI:

There is nothing on their page that indicates this particular oil is PAO and Ester based, FYI:
There’s enough material on that page to create a 30 minutes informecial.

Let me know if it turns out to be $21.25 a quart. A lot of this type of nonsense on Ebay and Amazon. 1 gallon pack of four and pictures of gallon jugs is not a sure bet. Ask me how I know. I'm rooting for you!

I’ll test it before I put it in a vehicle and see if the oxidation indicates the presence of an ester. I’m also waiting for their reply.

I got my response back from Triax on my question on whether or not the SRT is PAO and Ester. Here is the response I got. He also sent me the SDS. Which I’ll post as well.

Hello Bill, all of our Synergy SRT oils are PAO Easter based, like our Euro line oils. You will see a significant difference in performance when you use the product vs most other motor oils. I have attached the data sheet for your reference.

Thank you
George
TRIAX Tech Services

View attachment 35414
im assuming this would be mostly group 3 also. Although I’m not sure why it’s not listed.
Could be, but that's 20-30% PAO, which is higher than the 5-20% of "who knows" listed on the Triax MSDS. Esters aren't typically listed on MSDS sheets because they don't pose a hazard, same is the case for AN's. So that remaining 40-50% (allowing room for the additive package, VII...etc) may be a blend of AN's, PoE, could be straight Group III, we don't know. MSDS sheets aren't a recipe, they just give us a small insight into what constitutes a hazard and is thus called out that is in the blend.

Back