Anyone carry a squeegee in a vehicle?

They're built into the door, just roll the window down and back up.

I've tried on one car and strangely enough the glass kind of pulls away from the seal and when I bring the window back up it's still the same other than maybe a little bit of water gets squeezed off. And the rear windows don't go all the way down anyways.

But the squeegee does a considerably better job. Even in cars that do scrape off the dew, I still see lots of water that sticks and reduces visibility. I'm not talking about rainy conditions as a squeegee isn't going to help. But morning conditions where there's condensation on the rear and side windows. Of course I let the wipers work on the front window.

I think there's a squeegee on one side of my snow/ice scraper, but I never use it for squeegeeing. Wipers and lowering/raising the windows and gas station squeegees are fine.

Squeegees are great for house windows, though. People would tell me to use paper towels or newspaper and things to clean the windows to avoid streaks. Then I tried a squeegee on them, and that was the end of being annoyed when washing windows.

I have a squeegee in my trunk. I use Griot's glass treatment. Much better than rain-x.

That reminds me. I do need to get another. Maybe the $1.25 store has them. (y)
Yes, Dollar Tree sells a short-handle (one-hand) version, which I prefer (and couldn't find at Walmart or Advance Auto). It's a little too wide, but usable.

Back