any Castrol Edge users....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some experience with it in the UK, with a '99 Nissan Maxima. It was Castrol Edge 0W-30, but sadly my vehicle was written off before I hit 2,000 miles with the oil...that's barely anything to share, but I'll have to come back after I get more mileage out of it on my Pajero/Montero. That and I have no idea how good the Middle Eastern version of the oil is.

That dipstick commercial is so [censored] stupid!

I can't find a single reason to actually use CE at $7.99 per bottle. Since that's in Amsoil & Schaeffer price range, one would do better looking away from the CE display and buying the oil from a smaller vendor.

C'mon, someone bite the bullet! The oil is too thin for the Saab, and the Subaru leaks a bit and really both cars prefer a nice 40wt to be happy. I'd do it if I could.

I have it in now. Plan on 10,000 mile run and then test.

I also plan on doing a VOA when my kit comes.

Originally Posted By: pruizgarcia
I have been running the 10w30 flavor for about 300 miles. So far so good. Should have a VOA result in a couple of days.

I'm sure there are many people interested in the VOA.. Anyone doing a VOA on the 5w-30?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
I have it in now. Plan on 10,000 mile run and then test.

I also plan on doing a VOA when my kit comes.

What viscosity do you have in your car right now?

Do you feel 8x better than the Mobil 1 guys?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: rg200amp
I am running the 5w30. I am getting a VOA now and a UOA after 2-3 OCIs.

I look forward to seeing your VOA and UOA.

Are you getting a TBN test also?

Just mailed my sample out today to Blackstone and requested TBN also. Will post when I get it back.

Originally Posted By: ZZman

Are you getting a TBN test also?

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back