Has anyone gone 20K miles with testing?

Has anyone used a 20K oil and changed it at 20K and done testing on the oil? If so, what were the results?

I have a 2010 Honda Insight that I've started using extended mileage oils on (i.e. Mobil 1 15K and 20K, changed at 15K and 20K respectively) since around 90K miles and it's now up to 225K.

I started driving a 2015 Prius C and at 168K miles want to try the Supertech 20K 0w-20. I plan to run the oil to 20K miles and then do Blackstone testing on it.

About 90% of my driving is highway at 45-60 mph for around 30 miles each trip.

Has anyone used a 20K oil and changed it at 20K and done testing on the oil? If so, what were the results?

I have a 2010 Honda Insight that I've started using extended mileage oils on (i.e. Mobil 1 15K and 20K, changed at 15K and 20K respectively) since around 90K miles and it's now up to 225K.

I started driving a 2015 Prius C and at 168K miles want to try the Supertech 20K 0w-20. I plan to run the oil to 20K miles and then do Blackstone testing on it.

On this Forum, NO, but a certain member used another oil and went way longer but he did not have the same vehicle you do.
Realize that you cannot compare another members results to your results, everyones driving habits are different. If you want to keep this vehicle a long time I would take a sample at 10K and see what it looks like. Lets be real, now you could prove me wrong, only Amsoil, Mobil 1 or another oil on here could easily do 20K

My suggestion, do not chance it, stick with Mobil 1, you will thank me later!

On this Forum, NO, but a certain member used another oil and went way longer but he did not have the same vehicle you do.
Realize that you cannot compare another members results to your results, everyones driving habits are different. If you want to keep this vehicle a long time I would take a sample at 10K and see what it looks like. Lets be real, now you could prove me wrong, only Amsoil, Mobil 1 or another oil on here could easily do 20K

My suggestion, do not chance it, stick with Mobil 1, you will thank me later!
?

We had one go to 34,000 with testing. On HPL. So, yeah, we have some extreme runs.

Thread 'Under valve cover & sump pictures - 2014 Dodge Durango 174,000 miles total, 34,000 miles on HPL HDEO 5w-20'
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...-total-34-000-miles-on-hpl-hdeo-5w-20.377792/

Not sure any members did 20k on ST …
Standing by on this channel …

I have used M1 Ep down to 16% and changed to same I was getting antsy. I would not go 20k miles but I will go to 5% with OLM

It's been done a few years ago on Mobil 1 by "Eric the Car Guy". Here you go:

This video has the test results:

That being said, HPL went 34K miles in a Pentastar engine here on BITOG. In certain fleets, the HPL PCMO runs for as much as the equivalent of 45K miles - as engine hours are used to for the OCIs, not miles. I believe one engine hour equals to 30 miles of wear.

Both HPL and Mobil 1 are very capable lubricants. The thing about @High Performance Lubricants is that the blending process is not constrained by having to meet a price point, therefore more expensive materials can be used that in turn enable HPL to create a superior product.

In the videos I linked above, Mobil 1 Annual Protection was used. Mobil launched it at $34.99/5 quart jug, around 6~7 years ago. No one wanted to spend that much money at Walmart, so Mobil killed it. It's not like Mobil, Shell, Castrol, Chevron, Valvoline, etc. can't blend higher quality oils, it's just that their target markets and buyers aren't willing to pay for them. HPL deals on a smaller scale, creating products for a niche that's happy to pay more for a higher quality product. That's all there is to it.

It's been done a few years ago on Mobil 1 by "Eric the Car Guy". Here you go:

This video has the test results:

That being said, HPL went 34K miles in a Pentastar engine here on BITOG. In certain fleets, the HPL PCMO runs for as much as the equivalent of 45K miles - as engine hours are used to for the OCIs, not miles. I believe one engine hour equals to 30 miles of wear.

Both HPL and Mobil 1 are very capable lubricants. The thing about @High Performance Lubricants is that the blending process is not constrained by having to meet a price point, therefore more expensive materials can be used that in turn enable HPL to create a superior product.

In the videos I linked above, Mobil 1 Annual Protection was used. Mobil launched it at $34.99/5 quart jug, around 6~7 years ago. No one wanted to spend that much money at Walmart, so Mobil killed it. It's not like Mobil, Shell, Castrol, Chevron, Valvoline, etc. can't blend higher quality oils, it's just that their target markets and buyers aren't willing to pay for them. HPL deals on a smaller scale, creating products for a niche that's happy to pay more for a higher quality product. That's all there is to it.

Same can be said about Triax Lubricants 😎😎🥹

Insight

Yes
In August, 2016 I did my 1st UOA on my 2011 King Ranch Expedition EL 4x4 (in my signature)on a 25k run.
The Oil was Amsoil SS 5w-20 (I switched to Amsoil SS 5w-30 @250k miles)
Back then the vehicle had 125k miles, it currently has 373k miles

IMG_20240211_042555.jpg

Watching this post. I think your Prius would be an excellent candidate for 20k w/testing. Not seen that far on one before.

Have fun. Just did it because I could.
I ran the Iron ppm per mile, and there is a point at which the wear accelerates. It could be oil filter related, but it's most likely oil related.

You have 0.0026 ppm/mile in the latest, 0.0016 ppm/mile in the previous one, and 0.0021/mile in the one before the previous one. You'd need to sample the oil without changing every 5000 miles (maybe do an oil filter change) to find that point.

How about 30K?

I ran the Iron ppm per mile, and there is a point at which the wear accelerates. It could be oil filter related, but it's most likely oil related.

You have 0.0026 ppm/mile in the latest, 0.0016 ppm/mile in the previous one, and 0.0021/mile in the one before the previous one. You'd need to sample the oil without changing every 5000 miles (maybe do an oil filter change) to find that point.
Previously was hit by a driver running a stop sign and totaled.
Was getting rusty in the rockers, overall tired and worn out so decided to just run it until I found a replacement. Always used a Baldwin B233 filter for a little extra capacity.

Back