Anyone run 20k+ mi. OCIs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not run 20k mile OCI but I would do it with at least 80% highway miles and a boutique oil (Amsoil, M1 AP, etc) plus an extended performance filter.

I am currently flirting with my longest OCI ever. Have a 2006 Tacoma 2.7L with 140,000 miles, runs perfect. Running M1 EP 5w30 with a PureOne filter. Currently have 6300 miles on the batch and a paper blotter drop test shows the oil is still like new, very slight ring in the center but hard to see. Color on the dipstick is like amber honey but still very clear. Thought it would be darker at 6300 miles. Thinking about going to 8000 or 9000 miles before changing... my driving is about 50/50 city/highway with plenty of longer runs at full temperature.

Last edited:
I don't see why M1 EP 5W30 couldn't do beyond 10k miles with low sulfur gasoline.
I've had Total Quartz blend 10W40 SL A3B4 blotter did acceptably in 10370 miles with 500 ppm gasoline.

25 000km is the norm on BMW in South Africa ,even with our outdated fuels .Battle to tell if the car is petrol or diesel when the oils been in that long .I read VW in Europe is running 60 000km OCI in certain diesel models .

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

[font:Verdana]I'm not worried about my credibility; this is an internet forum for entertainment purposes and I must say -

WRONG. You want "entertainment"? Post in the humor section. Label it as such.

I am sure you are not a bad person but your stunts and antics here can easily lead some astray when they seek real information to make intelligent maintenance choices with their automotive investments. The experience and credibility here is vast, but you wreck it to some degree.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

[font:Verdana]I'm not worried about my credibility; this is an internet forum for entertainment purposes and I must say -

WRONG. You want "entertainment"? Post in the humor section. Label it as such.

I am sure you are not a bad person but your stunts and antics here can easily lead some astray when they seek real information to make intelligent maintenance choices with their automotive investments. The experience and credibility here is vast, but you wreck it to some degree.

The main issue is that people (long time BITOG members btw.) take what he says and have to correct him.

He knows what he is posting is incorrect and gets entertainment out of people taking what he says seriously.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Ummm...no they do not. Merk's credibility looks like swiss cheese as does his ability to snag photos from the Internet and label them as fact. Where is the tangible proof these engines have had the OCI listed, how many total miles do they have on them, etc. Anyone can post a picture and label it. Show me quantifiable, tangible proof that extended OCIs cause varnish and sludge--as I have said before, there are plenty here on this site doing extended OCIs with zero issues.
I'm not worried about my credibility; this is an internet forum for entertainment purposes and I must say - watching you and DoubleWasp getting your soap worked up into a lather because of some pictures I posted has been entertaining.
grin2.gif

I commented to prevent some unknowing person from reading your drivel and believing it as factual--because many here (unlike yourself) do not use this forum as entertainment. With that said, nothing you post gets me into a lather, you have to be credible and we have to speak the same language for that to happen.

28.gif
24.gif
28.gif
24.gif

Well stated and I totally agree 2015_PSD. Some people with a warped sense of humor and poor judgement may think this is funny, but many of us don't. Personally I think most of Merkava_4's photos and comments especially in this thread should be deleted. My 2 cents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back