Another dying wash machine Samsung front load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by FADEC
Thinking about top load. GE, Maytag, Whirlpool. From what I understand Whirlpool washers are made in the USA, which means a lot to me.

I believe Home Depot is having a big Spring Black Friday sale in a few weeks. Will have to see what they have.

Speed Queen is also US-made.

I am not sure if Huebsch is Speed Queen... but that is what we recently got to replace our Maytag top-loader. The Huebsch is the same kind of machine... orbital transmission, belt, etc. etc. The only thing it does NOT have is the rotary knob... it's a touchpad (and the Canadian version has this stupid symbology... that I mostly could figure out, but...). I had to find the US equivalent to figure out what they mean! (see below)...

So far so good. Huebsch sells many of those machines to coin-operated laundries here in Canada.

Operating Panels - Side by Each - A.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by tig1
That's why we just bought a new Speed Queen.

We looked at the Speed Queens. The wash tubs in them are tiny by today's standards and not practical for our household.

Well ours isn't. Appears to be the same as our old GE and the load size is the same as our old GE. Tina is an exaggeration.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT
I am not sure if Huebsch is Speed Queen... but that is what we recently got to replace our Maytag top-loader. The Huebsch is the same kind of machine... orbital transmission, belt, etc. etc. The only thing it does NOT have is the rotary knob... it's a touchpad (and the Canadian version has this stupid symbology... that I mostly could figure out, but...). I had to find the US equivalent to figure out what they mean! (see below)...

So far so good. Huebsch sells many of those machines to coin-operated laundries here in Canada.

I can only imagine what the Canada version looks like with both English and French.

Cdn version has NO words...(i.e. the "International" version). See graphic of the symbols-only Huebsch... The upper-one of the two. The bottom one is the sensible American one...

Operating Panels - Side by Each - A.jpg

Maybe I am biased, but I think you have a better chance of getting a reliable machine with a basic top loader today than the front loaders with all of the various operating options.

I have always stayed away from front loaders. Moldy front seals and the increased cost are a turn off for me. I try and buy 80s-90s non energy efficient Maytags. They seem to last 5-7 years and when they go I grab another one. Never pay more than $150-200. They have always washed clothes better than the low water units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back