Why would floor be wet from a front load washing machine?

Depending on age and model of front loader, those rubber seals can be quite elaborate. Something like a bic lighter forgotten in a pocket can get loose and destroy thhat seal. I would never put a front loader in a rental.

My Samsung needs the rubber seal cleaned from time to time or it leaks. It also collects hair and lint on the bottom side of the rubber seal where it has drain holes than have to be cleaned to keep it from leaking.
There is also a filter to keep buttons and such out of the pump. It's located on the bottom behind a 4" door and has to be cleaned. The O-ring that seals the filter failed once, leaking all over the floor.

Reactions: JC1
Being that its a rental, and that you are 800 miles away any diy stuff is out the window. I would definately find a good appliance service tech and have them look at it, if the appliance is still under warranty call the manufaturer and ask if there are any certied warranty techs in that area.

There are also drains built into the gasket at the bottom. These must be kept open to ensure the water doesn't accumulate in the gasket area. Prob just needs a good cleaning. Don't forget the lint filter either.

^ This.

I'd guess that 9 out of 10x, the cause of some water on the floor in front of a front load washer is nothing more than plugged drain holes at the bottom of the door seal. You need to wipe the crud and sludge out of all the lovely folds, nooks and crannies of the door seal regularly to prevent this. I've had to use a toothpick or similar to poke the drain holes clear on door seals. These drains allow pooled water to drain back inside the washer as opposed to leaking out the wrong way.

I used to do USAA insurance work for flooring claims.
Many front load washers leaked one way or another and ruined the floor.
A couple times the door just opened while washing or rinsing and the water all came out.
I never had a flooring claim with a top load machine.
And take note here people that 75 % of the claims for flooding floors came from the water supply line to the refrigerator.
It's not will it happen it's when.

ARCO,

Service company has yet to show up. I live over 1,000 miles away.

Ordering a replacement washer on Lowes dot com today. Don't want to mess with a tenant who pays, something that I have not had much luck with over the past decade.

Funny, the tenant is a engineer for Yamaha... not sure what kind of engineer. The house is on two acres and has a very small lake in the back yard. Mice have always been a issue. No prior tenant seems to take the mice seriously, which is always a issue for me. This guy has four cats. I would almost of always said no to even one cat. But with the mice issue... I accepted him. He claims to have designed and uses a hepa filtered automated cat litter machine.... who knows. But thought worth the trade off... good credit and cats, over mice and bad credit.....
I can just imagine the worth of a good tenant. Keep them happy.

Reactions: GON
Front loaders or the refrigerator? I would venture to guess the refrigerator claims were from poly supply lines and saddle valves (n)
The fridge.
Every claim was with 3/4 wood planks and after dry out and replacing the cupped boards they were entitled to a complete refinish of all the wood that was connected to the damaged area.
95 % of USAA members are high income with large houses and a lot of natural wood at least that was my experience.
Many times a 5x5 repair would turn into a couple thousand square foot sand and coat.
I made a lot of money doing these claims.
Average claim was $7K to $10K with a 40% profit that USAA allowed.
Seems people were sliding the fridge out to clean and each time it stressed or kinked the water supply line.
A lot of times it would leak while they were away all day or several days.

Back