Amsoil 0W-30, 14,198 MILES, 1993 Civic

The interior has held up well considering it is 28 years old.

IMG_0014.jpg

Have you always had that strut bar and that exhaust manifold (1320?) or is that one of recent upgrades? I tried scrolling through the original thread from 2008, but after a few pages figured it'd be quicker to ask.

I have had the ceramic coated headers for a lot longer than the strut brace, but neither is a recent addition.

I have had the ceramic coated headers for a lot longer than the strut brace, but neither is a recent addition.
Got it. It's been so long since I saw the engine pics in the original thread (2014-ish?) that I couldn't remember. That is a very good looking interior BTW. I never saw tan before... All the ones near me are black/gray interior.

I haven't read the entire thread. Any engine work? Valve adjustments? head gasket? I think I remember there being coolant in a sample way back when. Impressive car, wish I could keep a car going this long in the northeast.

I haven't read the entire thread. Any engine work? Valve adjustments? head gasket? I think I remember there being coolant in a sample way back when. Impressive car, wish I could keep a car going this long in the northeast.

Yes, head gasket, valve adjustment and timing belt, that's just about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 76
Miles on Civic 600,607 / 966,583 km
miles on oil 12,122
Amsoil 0W-30 oil AZO
Amsoil Ea15k20 oil filter
dual Filtermag CT3.2 magnetic filters
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug
5 ozs Liquimoly
4 qts make up oil

Blackstone lost my fact sheet and had to take the information over the phone. The actual mileage was 600,607. the report
showed 607,600 miles in error.

3-5-21 oci.jpg
3-5-21 oci.jpg
3-5-21 oci.jpg

Miles on Civic - 606,794 / 976,540 km
Miles on oil - 6,187
Amsoil 0W-30 oil
Amsoil Ea15k20 oil filter
Dual Filtermag CT3.2 magnetic filters
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug
5 ozs Liquimoly
61 ozs make up oil.

oil change 5-12-2021.jpg

The thing is that the radiator overflow bucket is keeping a constant level, until the other day. the level went down an inch
or so. I can't see any outside leaks so it must be internal. Not the head gasket again!

Lucky you caught it early; there doesn’t seem to be excess bearing wear yet, just slightly elevated cylinder wear.

well the good news is.. the UOA caught it! At least at this point, Harry.. You can save this engine with a head gasket job. Better than the whole engine dying!

Back