Amsoil 0W-30, 14,198 MILES, 1993 Civic

Wait… you need ANOTHER head gasket repair?!?! Why does it seem like the current one didn’t last very long. 🤨🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

You're right, it didn't last that long. It's in the early stages of failure right now, it's doing the same things as it did last time.

I doubt the problem is the gasket.

I'll let you know if it is. I am having the same problems as last time, it was the head gasket.
Just turned 609,000 miles / 980,000 km

Attachments

• IMG_0020 (2).JPG
    IMG_0020 (2).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 26
Well the current sample of oil in the engine is contaminated, isn’t it? Wouldn’t it make sense to dump it, pour in some new juice, take it for a 15 mins drive and dump it again so the engine is clean and free of leftover contaminants so the new fresh fill can later be sampled and will give accurate results to show that the repair was a success??? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

Sorry, I may be a bit too anal. Hahahaha.

Not sure what you mean Artem

Well the current sample of oil in the engine is contaminated, isn’t it? Wouldn’t it make sense to dump it, pour in some new juice, take it for a 15 mins drive and dump it again so the engine is clean and free of leftover contaminants so the new fresh fill can later be sampled and will give accurate results to show that the repair was a success??? 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

I'd be inclined to do that as well. Coolant contamination is usually not very nice to the bearings, so to be on the safe side maybe grab some SuperTech Synthetic 5w30 and run it for a day (or least 1hr+ of driving), then dump and go back to Amsoil?

I'd be inclined to do that as well. Coolant contamination is usually not very nice to the bearings, so to be on the safe side maybe grab some SuperTech Synthetic 5w30 and run it for a day (or least 1hr+ of driving), then dump and go back to Amsoil?
Or keep it in there since a civic engine won't know the difference... 🙀

I will change the oil as soon as I can, you're right of course, don't know what I was thinking.

Oil changed today, it came out looking like it just was put in. (610,000 miles)

I will be able to sleep tonight.

Oil changed today, it came out looking like it just was put in. (610,000 miles)

I will be able to sleep tonight.

Back