Amsoil 0W-30, 14,198 MILES, 1993 Civic

Yeah Artem had a really good idea there...

I'm glad you did that too...

That picture of the motor was extremely impressive.
Thank you bbhero, it may have something to do with the Amsoil.

IMG_0018[1] (2).jpg

Awesome Harry! Glad to see the Potassium is lower since last time! good deal! (y)

I haven't gone through all 17 pages.. I know you had to replace the head gasket.. Was the one leaking aftermarket and did you replace it with aftermarket? I don't think it lasted that long?

That car is clearly crying out to it’s brothers and sisters at the junk yard but the owner just keeps going and going…. And going…

I’m gonna check back in @ 750k. 👋🏻

😅😎

Awesome Harry! Glad to see the Potassium is lower since last time! good deal! (y)

I haven't gone through all 17 pages.. I know you had to replace the head gasket.. Was the one leaking aftermarket and did you replace it with aftermarket? I don't think it lasted that long?

The failed head gasket was from Honda. I didn't have enough faith to put in another one from them.
I have heard good things about the multi layer steel (MLS) head gaskets so I decided to give
it a shot.

The failed head gasket was from Honda. I didn't have enough faith to put in another one from them.
I have heard good things about the multi layer steel (MLS) head gaskets so I decided to give
it a shot.
I don't blame you, I'd have done the same! How long did the Honda one last? It didnt seem long.. You're the test subject since you're way ahead on mileage compared to my 96 civic 1.6L, so I'm taking notes whenever I need this work. :)

researcher, please look at the above UOA next to "additional info". It gives the previous HG mileage and right after that
is the MLS HG mileage. 549k for the first one and 609k for the latest.
View attachment 73049618,000 miles now still purrs like a kitten.
Hello Harry J! YOU are my Honda Hero!! The way you take care of your Honda is the best. I remember when I went to a stockholders meeting of Berkshires Hathaway ( of Warren Berkshire fame) and Warren Buffet said "just imagine if you could only have one car in your life, just how well you would have to take care of it so it would last your whole life"? I think you would "take the cake" if Warren saw how GREAT you take care of your Honda!!

researcher, please look at the above UOA next to "additional info". It gives the previous HG mileage and right after that
is the MLS HG mileage. 549k for the first one and 609k for the latest.
View attachment 73049618,000 miles now still purrs like a kitten.
thanks for the info, duh I should've looked at the UOA! It'll be interesting to see how the new HG lasts, just 60k for the other one.. just a little short of the goal!

Yeah that is extremely impressive...

Amazing... I am at 353k miles and that is nothing compared to this car.

Great job Harryj.

Hope you have been doing good.

353k miles is nothing to sneeze at, most Civics are looking for a junk yard to call home at 250k.

Hello Harry J! YOU are my Honda Hero!! The way you take care of your Honda is the best. I remember when I went to a stockholders meeting of Berkshires Hathaway ( of Warren Berkshire fame) and Warren Buffet said "just imagine if you could only have one car in your life, just how well you would have to take care of it so it would last your whole life"? I think you would "take the cake" if Warren saw how GREAT you take care of your Honda!!
Thankyou for those words of wisdom billpace1956.
If you want to keep your car for many years, you should probably be using Amsoil . I believe that it is the finest oil on the planet.
Don't underrate the addition of magnetic filtration, sure it only removes ferrous particles, but aren't those the little rascals
that cause a lot of wear? It will protect all the softer metals from wear and minimize oil oxidation.

Back