Alcohol Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
It varies with me. I would say I drink roughly 1 case of beer per week, with most of my drinking around Friday night and Saturday night. Some weeks I may have the equivalent of two cases or more, some weeks I don't drink at all.

I wouldn't call my consumption moderate or healthy by any means. I have 10-12 drinks at a time, but I figure I can get away with that for a few years while I am in college. I definitely don't see myself keeping up my current drinking habits past school.

Good question. I'm used to drink all kinds of alcohol socially, but honestly I find most alcohol nasty tasting especially heavy liquors like vodka. I don't tolerate heavy liquors very well, tend to throw it up. The only alcohol I actually like is beer, sweet white wine and champaigne. Also alcohol is bad for you in many ways and kills your brain cells too. Right now I don't drink anything. Before that I drank beer but it stopped giving me buzz, I guess due to weight gain. Now I'm loosing weight but don't feel the desire to consume any alcohol. In short not a huge fan of alcohol. I grew up in very moderate drinkin family. I also seen many alcoholics in my youth and know you better steer clear of that stuff till you can.

I'm not a beer person at all. Once and awhile I'll have a miller lite or a Corona, but don't really like Beer. I'm a Rum guy more than anything, but don't drink a whole lot. Maybe one or two a week. I've never been drunk before, and dont' plan on it.

Depending on what I'm in the mood for, I'll usually go through either a six pack of beer, a bottle of wine (mostly whites), or a pint of whiskey (Irish, Tennesee, or Bourbon) in the course of 7-10 days.

I like to try different brands of the types of alcohol I drink, so I rarely drink the same brand of any alcohol twice....except some occasional cheap canned beer (Miller, Bud, PBR, etc.) for when I'm mowing the grass.

PBR...I saw a 12 pack of bottles on sale for $7.99 last week and I bought some to have around for those extremely hot yard work days. I typically drink the micro-brews or homebrew, but sometimes you just gotta dip into that great American Light Lager!
01.gif

I guess I'm the only "regular" drinker here....my choice, beer. I make my own and don't buy any of the commercial khrap, especially AB...those traitors.....I brew, on average, one keg a month. That usually last me a month. But only drink on weekends. I was raised by an alcoholic, I was mixing Jim Beam and Coke since I can remember. I've seen the sloopy drunk type and I've been it for a while in my younger days playing in bands throughout high school and college. Yes, I've done things and said things that I'm not particulary proud of, but I'm not going back to those people and places and ask forgiveness. It happened, learned from it, moved on. Now, with that in mind and seeing my father/grandfather being heavy drinkers, I chose not to drink on weekdays. And also because of my 4 year old. I do not want her to be raised in that manner as I was. She knows I drink beer, she has helped me make it and she has even had a sip and said (which I knew she would) that it's "yucky," and doesn't ask me about it anymore when I'm drinking. I've explained to her that drinking a beer or something eles is OK within limits. I also show her when I tell her to not be driving, which I don't do, when you have to much, stop and make sure you eat something. I do believe in the gene theory that she has a chance to get the "drinking" gene and I want to show her how to do it in moderation. The mental picture of some of the women I've been with that were fall-down stupid drunk being my daughter, absolutely scares the khrap out of me.

Last edited:
I'm a beer drinker. Usually craft brews, Sierra Nevada, Anchor, or Firestone (local) etc. I do enjoy Guinness though. A six pack will usually last 1-2 weeks. A night out is usually 4-5 beers over a couple of hours.
If I'm not drinking beer I'll have a gin and tonic or irish wiskey. I don't take shots, if it doesn't taste good enough to sip then I'm not going to drink it. I like to enjoy what I am drinking.

I too make my own beer, but the past 6 months I switched to mead. Going to do that for a while.

On your average week, I have maybe 3 drinks and its either vodka or Belgian beer. I have made drastic cuts in the past 6 months. Very rare that I get drunk anymore (by choice), but I am heading off to Europe for my yearly vacation, so Im sure I will have had a hangover by the time I get back ;-) I only drink socially.

Since I went from drinking everyday to drinking rarely, I have lost 15 lbs and just hit 169 yesterday. Anytime I feel like drinking a lot, I lift up my shirt and look at my abs - helps remind me how much time and effort I have put into myself and how easy it would be to fall back to where I was in '07.

I drink a little bit every once in a while. The past couple weeks were exceptions, when I was finishing off a bottle of wine given to me by a friend over a 2-week period at a glass every other night.

Mostly rum and coke/Canada Dry/insert reasonable fruit juice or beer. At times vodka or even rarer now, gin.

Cut back on my drinking quite a bit since the original post. Now only consuming alcohol (various amounts and types) 2-3 days per week, while the other 4-5 days are sober.

Why? Decided that drinking 3-4 (high ABV) beers a night was well on pace to becoming an alcoholic. Feel better in the morning as well.

Saturday nights are still game on, though.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
I enjoy small breweries such as Three Floyds, Bell's, etc. My drinking is cyclical, sometimes I'll drink more, especially in summer & spring, but then it tails off when the weather gets cold. In winter, I won't touch beer for a month or two. Like anything else, I need to have a taste for it in order to consume it.

Lastly, I like to drink 1 or 2 while cooking on the grill. :)

I've never been a big drinker. Lately though (as in the last year) I've been consuming more alcohol than I ever have. I guess that is not a good sign. LOL. All I like though is Vodka and certain beer. Right now I have Dogfish Head Raison D'etre and it's really good. Normally I just drink Corona/Sam Adams. Anyway,,,consumption for me can be a shot of vodka per day, and a few on the weekends to once a week. It varies.

http://www.dogfish.com/

i only drink when im thrisy! mostly beer. coars hits the spot i like my beear cheap!! tonight i had beer suop four dinner. does everybudddy else hear like beer soup??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back