Alaska Airlines AS1282 door blow out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying that we need (and have to pay for) let's say 10 exits and 10 flight attendants whether we have 10 passengers or 100? You're common sense seems to be inoperative.
Operate on this:

If the fuselage as designed, has HOLES for x number of plugs/doors, then it should be doors--period. Otherwise, don't design it so the number of doors can be changed. Make them fixed. If the plane was designed to have 6 doors, then 6 doors it is, not 4 and 2 plugs, for example.

Any Captain worth his salt would stay on board and ensure all passengers are off before taking the slide himself...
Thanks. Your correct.

I like to think most would evacuate last , but only after going down the aisle in the cabin checking everyone is off and washrooms are empty.

Officially, all I have to do is get the aircraft safely on the ground and evacuate ( evacuation checklist ).

If there was heavy smoke, you better get the cockpit portable oxygen mask on ( and flashlight ) before you check.

The rest is the responsibility of airport fire fighting and rescue services.

Operate on this:

If the fuselage as designed, has HOLES for x number of plugs/doors, then it should be doors--period. Otherwise, don't design it so the number of doors can be changed. Make them fixed. If the plane was designed to have 6 doors, then 6 doors it is, not 4 and 2 plugs, for example.
We can explain it for you but we cannot understand it for you.

That interior layout has a row of seats by the plugged door opening, so even if there was door there it wouldn't have been useful in an emergency.

Reactions: 4WD
Probably have higher odds of getting hit by an asteroid compared to a part falling off a plane. Sounds scary, but I bet one is more likely to be hit by lightning (note, I'm not even sure how to start the research for this sort of analysis!).
I've been struck my lightning. Has anyone on here been hit by an asteroid or airplane part?

I've been struck my lightning. Has anyone on here been hit by an asteroid or airplane part?
No, but that’s a reminder to not stand too close to you. Or Morris Marinas for the matter, just in case any pianos are in the area.

OK -
We're done here. The arguments have played out, the insults have been hurled, and the Mod (me) has taken action by deleting a bunch of juvenile posts.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back