Accident update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Geico calls me to do a telephone interview about the accident,and I tell my story. Today they call me saying they are denying my claim. They tell me she's saying that I am the one who ran the red light and hit her,which is a blatant LIE. What she doesn't know is that an off duty police officer was at that same intersection right next to me and called the local police and submitted a formal witness statement,which I went and got a copy of from the police department today. I called her insurance company and told her I will be faxing a copy of it to her,which I did. I actually faxed it to her three times. Yes,I'm VERY [censored] off! My gf who is an immigration attorney has an attorney friend here who will represent me if this goes to court,which I will GLADLY take it to court in a heartbeat if it comes to that. I told her insurance agent it's in her client's best interest to go over the law with her,as if this goes to court that she will be under oath,and lying under oath will net her some very serious consequences.

What the [censored] is this chick thinking,lying about the entire incident to her insurance co? I have it all mapped out. She's like 18,19 years old,and she's afraid that her daddy will take her car away from her if he knows the accident is her fault.

I am beyond flabbergasted.

HAHAHAHAHA, this lady is gonna get it! Both from Daddy and the Insurance Co.

You where VERY lucky a off duty cop seen that. I'm actually now contemplating getting a dash cam for my car now after this story.

Shes probably cached by her insurance company to deny all responsibility and see what happens. Is her insurance a major company or some small local or fly by night company.

A truck ran a redlight in front of me blew through the turn lane arrow and I almost T-boned them. Luckily I only caught the rear bumper with about 2ft of my front bumper but it took out my bumper, and passenger Q panel and everything on that corner.

The driver was remorseful and admitted to running the light to the officer. Then the insurance company said they would only pay 50% of the claim because it was half my fault. They claimed "insufficient lookout" LOL. Whatever that means. Thank god for my USAA insurance that stepped up and took over. Got my truck fixed at no charge to me. AND they reimbursed my rental car even though I didn't have rental reimbursement on my coverage.
They went after the small insurance company and left me out of it. No ding on my premium either.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Yesterday Geico calls me to do a telephone interview about the accident,and I tell my story. Today they call me saying they are denying my claim. They tell me she's saying that I am the one who ran the red light and hit her

Why did your insurance company automatically side with her???? Time to find someone else to insure you.

Edit to add: I'm assuming Geico is your insurer.

Yesterday Geico calls me to do a telephone interview about the accident,and I tell my story. Today they call me saying they are denying my claim. They tell me she's saying that I am the one who ran the red light and hit her,which is a blatant LIE. What she doesn't know is that an off duty police officer was at that same intersection right next to me and called the local police and submitted a formal witness statement,which I went and got a copy of from the police department today. I called her insurance company and told her I will be faxing a copy of it to her,which I did. I actually faxed it to her three times. Yes,I'm VERY [censored] off! My gf who is an immigration attorney has an attorney friend here who will represent me if this goes to court,which I will GLADLY take it to court in a heartbeat if it comes to that. I told her insurance agent it's in her client's best interest to go over the law with her,as if this goes to court that she will be under oath,and lying under oath will net her some very serious consequences.

What the [censored] is this chick thinking,lying about the entire incident to her insurance co? I have it all mapped out. She's like 18,19 years old,and she's afraid that her daddy will take her car away from her if he knows the accident is her fault.

I'm not surprised at all. Personal responsibility and morals are nonexistent with an ever-growing percentage of the population.

I hope you prevail.

My dad is a retired attorney. She isn't going to get in any trouble with the law if she lies or not, period.
She has her side and you have yours. You have a witness and I'm guessing she doesn't.
Speaking of lying, your GF is an immigration attorney. Don't get to worked up about it. You will win out.

No worries! Whomever you spoke to was wrong. They cannot make a decision until they obtained a full copy of the Crash Report including Statements. Also, CarFax maintains databases of crash reports for numerous police/Sheriff's Departments. FYI. Also, make the insurance company obtain a copy of the report. That is why you pay them. But, I would still obtain a copy. Check the other driver's history too. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row. If you need anymore help. PM me for a further details! Good luck!

Originally Posted by 02SE

I'm not surprised at all. Personal responsibility and morals are nonexistent with an ever-growing percentage of the population.

I hope you prevail.

Well stated sir! ^^^^^^ I agree whole hardheartedly

Good always win, eventually!

Calm down, breathe, and get copies of everything you can.

It happens every day that insurance companies "misread" police reports and you need to fix it with them.

Your own insurance will help you out, even if you have liability only. You have to let them know anyway regardless of who's at fault.

Some stuff takes time. Insurance drags things out hoping you'll crack.

You are good to go, but nail her to the wall. The nerve!
mad.gif

Yesterday Geico calls me to do a telephone interview about the accident,and I tell my story. Today they call me saying they are denying my claim. They tell me she's saying that I am the one who ran the red light and hit her,which is a blatant LIE.

My guess is this is an insurance company tactic and she said no such thing but this is what the claims rep is telling you. My wife was driving on a state route near our house and a guy on a crossing road pulled out and hit her. They tried to suggest she was at fault and hit him. On the road she was on, there is a stretch of 8 miles where you have NO stop lights or stop signs. I don't know what circumstances could suggest she didn't have the right-of-way on that road. In the end, it was just a delay tactic by the other insurance company.

Years ago (way before cell phones), I drove into a 4 way intersection with traffic lights in all 4 directions. I had a green light, a car in the road to my right blew through a red light at a good rate of speed and I locked up the brakes and hit the side of his car and totaled both cars. He had his son in the center of the back seat belted in. He and I got out of the cars and he had the smell of wine on his breath. I asked him if he and his son were OK and if he wanted me to go and get medical help for him or his son (my car still ran, but his did not). He looked at the traffic light and said you have a red light and I have a green light. I said yea, now, but the lights have changed since the accident, which they had. Then a man who was stopped in the lane to my left got out of his car and said he saw the whole thing and that the car I hit had ran a red light. That man gave me his contact information. Days later his insurance company phoned me while I was at lunch at work. I explained the whole thing to them and gave them the witness information and they settled in my favor writing my car up as totaled, which it was, and paid me more than what I thought that car was worth before the accident.

To the OP, don't worry about it, you have a very good witness and that witness is who the insurance companies will believe.

People at fault frequently lie. If you haven't involved your insurance company, it's time. Luckily you have an unbiased and credible witness.

Originally Posted by CT8
Why isn't your insurance doing the work?

This. Don't talk to the other insurance company.

If this is in your police report, just scan a copy to your insurance copy AND contact them when you do it. Ask your claims manager for their email address and send it to them while you're talking to them on the phone. That way you get a quicker result.

Hope this helps!

Steven Lang

Last edited:
Then you come to find out she is the newest member on BITOG! Glad I spotted her on here too. It was easy as she had white-out all over the screen.

This is why after a week of working at an insurance company I bought a dash cam. People will do whatever they can to get out of something. I had people who were at fault in accidents that were caught by multiple cameras, had witnesses to the accident, etc, and they would still deny fault. Single vehicle accidents where the driver clearly was distracted or lost control but still denied fault were the best when I could repeat all 5 of their different conflicting stories back to them.

Before the witness it was your word against hers, that is why they denied. Now with the addition of a witness corroborating your story, their tune should change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back