Accident update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Greggy_D
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Yesterday Geico calls me to do a telephone interview about the accident,and I tell my story. Today they call me saying they are denying my claim. They tell me she's saying that I am the one who ran the red light and hit her

Why did your insurance company automatically side with her???? Time to find someone else to insure you.

Edit to add: I'm assuming Geico is your insurer.

No,Her insurance co,Geico,sided with her because she lied about the accident. My insurance co is Allstate.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by CT8
Why isn't your insurance doing the work?

Don't talk to the other insurance company.

Precisely. The only thing I would have said to her insurance is "contact my insurance" followed by, "goodbye."

What the [censored] is this chick thinking,lying about the entire incident to her insurance co? I have it all mapped out. She's like 18,19 years old,and she's afraid that her daddy will take her car away from her if he knows the accident is her fault.

Time for her to learn a life lesson, and Daddy won't be too happy either with the big insurance rate increases.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Yesterday Geico calls me to do a telephone interview about the accident,and I tell my story. Today they call me saying they are denying my claim. They tell me she's saying that I am the one who ran the red light and hit her,which is a blatant LIE.

My guess is this is an insurance company tactic and she said no such thing but this is what the claims rep is telling you. My wife was driving on a state route near our house and a guy on a crossing road pulled out and hit her. They tried to suggest she was at fault and hit him. On the road she was on, there is a stretch of 8 miles where you have NO stop lights or stop signs. I don't know what circumstances could suggest she didn't have the right-of-way on that road. In the end, it was just a delay tactic by the other insurance company.
Interesting story, and until I read your post hadn't thought about that possibility. I rate insurance companies at or below used car salesmen, and thinking about it, a likely tactic. Not saying definitively the girl didn't lie, but I believe your speculation could be accurate. My thoughts about insurance companies, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Understand the OP frustration, but with accident report and witness statements backing you up, Geico will have to pony up.

Too late now, but I'm also one to say that you shouldn't have talked to her insurance company. You should have told them that all details were in the accident report and that the next time you talk to them would be in court, if it gets that far.

Look on the bright side, you have a witness on your side. A good one. It could be MUCH worse.

Imagine your situation, which my sister is in currently, but the "witness" also backs up the at-fault driver's bogus story, which therefore caused the police report to claim you were traveling in a completely different direction than you actually were, which made you appear at fault. The police even claim there were skid marks leading up to where your car eventually stopped (when you have photo proof there weren't, the police took ZERO photos). Madness! She's in a completely ignorant battle in court, and has since invested in a quality dash camera.

Posting again to make my post count 667
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tony1679
Posting again to make my post count 667
grin.gif

do it again, and you'll be the neighbour of the beast...rather than across the road Gladys Cravitz style (sp)

This is the very reason one should pay up for insurance. Cheapest insurance is not always the best. I am not indicating that OP chose insurance that way. I have heard such stories with many 'cheap' insurance companies. Hence I refuse to buy mine from them.

That said, a dashcam has become a necessity. Esp in my neighborhood, everyone is so impatient that no matter how careful you are, someday, some impatient driver is going to cause a crash and you will be involved in it. You like it or not. I have had a couple of close calls. Since then I got dashcams and installed on both the cars. If the dashcam proves its my fault, so be it, but I will not pay for someone else's idiocy.

I really hope that the OP manages to resolve it without too much of a headache.

If not concluded in a timely manner, contact the Insurance Commissioner in your state. Insurance companies will try to drag it out forever if they can. My experience; I was rear ended in a rainstorm. Insurance refused to assign blame to driver who hit me and totalled the car. After three months, I wrote to Insurance Commissioner. Surprize, the next day the other insurance company called me to settle. No medical claim, only value of the car. And, the value was a big contention as they wanted to low ball me. I had to threaten to re-contact the Insurance Commissioner

If you do not have full coverage insurance your insurance company will not help you. But if you call them they count it against you even though you did not report it. Found that out the hard way then insurance rates went up even though they did nothing and wasn't my fault.

I'll repeat what many have said: Do NOT talk to her insurance company anymore. Involve YOUR insurance company to help YOU. You pay them for this!

Doesn't matter who you think is at fault either.

I called and talked to Allstate yesterday and they said they'll have someone come look at my car Friday. Also if this goes to court,I'll be throwing a triple whammy on her,because my witness also had his wife and teenage daughter in the car with him. I'm trying to get the ball rolling in all directions.

She will soon realize that in the adult world she'll have to grow a set and can no longer run to daddy.

We're having this problem with one of our company vans-my co-worker was turning into his driveway & a local idiot decided he was going to pass him on the right (on a ONE LANE each way street). Apparently we're having trouble getting the other (found at-fault & cited) driver's no-name insurance to pay the $3K for a new sliding side door. I didn't witness the accident, but I was 3 minutes behind & beat the cops there-my comment was "At least the company will believe me when it happens to me", I've had numerous near misses because no one wants to obey the local small town speed trap speed limits.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
My dad is a retired attorney. She isn't going to get in any trouble with the law if she lies or not, period.
She has her side and you have yours. You have a witness and I'm guessing she doesn't.
Speaking of lying, your GF is an immigration attorney. Don't get to worked up about it. You will win out.

This. OP you will get your due. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and relax. There are more important issues to work out lie pumpkin or pecan.

Reason 2856204 to file the claim with YOUR insurance company, who has the best interest in taking your side.

And reason 8462947 to have a dashcam on at all times. I've got one in the Sonata, and as a matter of fact I'm going to Amazon.com right now to order one for my Jeep, which only gets driven once every week or two.

What I can't wrap my head around,is the local police here won't respond to an accident if there's no injuries. So we had to insist on an officer to show up,and he said they also don't write accident reports either unless there's injuries. He only had us fill out "information exchange forms". Is this a common practice by the police across the board? I thank God that the off duty police officer was there and made that witness statement for me. Once this is all said and done,I want to treat he and his family out to dinner.

You're really over-thinking this. There will be no courts involved other than traffic court for her, presuming she was cited by the police. Even then, she may or may not be found "guilty" and get a small fine.

Going to likely be filing a countersuit of your own to recoup damages, character assassination, emotional suffering, property damage.

What I can't wrap my head around,is the local police here won't respond to an accident if there's no injuries. So we had to insist on an officer to show up,and he said they also don't write accident reports either unless there's injuries. He only had us fill out "information exchange forms". Is this a common practice by the police across the board? I thank God that the off duty police officer was there and made that witness statement for me. Once this is all said and done,I want to treat he and his family out to dinner.

Around here the police perform traffic control if the accident is blocking. For minor accidents it's all done online.

The police here have long since quit going to break ins and auto theft. It takes too much of their time away from more serious stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back