7-11 motor oil by Lucas (pics)

You have to understand the "mindset" of those who would buy a quart of oil for a 20 year old car at 2 a.m. in the morning-along with a six pack and a hot dog.

I just about got run into by someone just like you describe here at... Darn near 2 am .... :LOL:

She was driving the wrong way on a divided highway... Drunk as a skunk... I stopped at the 7-11 and asked the lady there if they had a really drunk person just leave there... Bingo... Yeah they sure did she told me. World champion... I asked if she sold that lady anything... She told me no... Thank goodness...

Wow lol I didn’t know that. But I’ve had good luck with Warren products so I wouldn’t have a problem using them.

Remember that the Lucas schtick is essentially chainsaw bar oil tackifier tossed in a heavy Group I brightstock base with no additives and peddling it as "Stabilizer", they've got no history of formulating proper lubricants, which is why it makes sense that they just had somebody else package a product with their name on it.

Remember that the Lucas schtick is essentially chainsaw bar oil tackifier tossed in a heavy Group I brightstock base with no additives and peddling it as "Stabilizer", they've got no history of formulating proper lubricants, which is why it makes sense that they just had somebody else package a product with their name on it.
Interesting. My dad swears by Lucas products especially the oil additives and stabilizer we haven’t had any issues that I can tell from it.

That's only a portion of the clientele.

Yeah the other portion is like that lady who was wanting to buy wine at 2 am... :LOL:

Just kidding...

But seriously... At the other 7-11 off Rte 5 one night my buddy Jason working there had a BAD deal happen.. a guy was driving nuts leaving the store as I was turning to come in.... I asked Jason what the deal was... He told me the guy was way, way drunk and Jason refused to sell him any beer. . Guy left as I said... Driving fast and jumped the curb leaving... I hung around for a few minutes talking with Jason... Ambulance comes flying by... We looked at each other and both said the same thing... That drunk guy just wrecked... I drove west on Rte 5... Sure enough he barrel rolled his truck... It was a bad wreck. Helicopter came in to take him to Norfolk General... He was not likely to live according to state police officer who came to that 7-11 that Jason worked at. He asked Jason if he sold him any alcohol... Of course Jason told him he had not done that. Again... Very good thing Jason had not done that. He could have gotten into trouble with law if he had done so.

Interesting. My dad swears by Lucas products especially the oil additives and stabilizer we haven’t had any issues that I can tell from it.

Lots of people do, but at best they do no harm. The Stabilizer in particular dilutes the base oil blend with heavy Group I and has no additives, so it reduces your additive levels. All it does is essentially turn your 5w-20 into a slightly tacky and additive diluted oil that might come out as a 20w-50 or similar.

Lots of people do, but at best they do no harm. The Stabilizer in particular dilutes the base oil blend with heavy Group I and has no additives, so it reduces your additive levels. All it does is essentially turn your 5w-20 into a slightly tacky and additive diluted oil that might come out as a 20w-50 or similar.
Yeah he uses a lot of it in his big rig with Rotella 15W-40. Sometimes the oil looks slightly different.

Yeah the other portion is like that lady who was wanting to buy wine at 2 am... :LOL:

Just kidding...

But seriously... At the other 7-11 off Rte 5 one night my buddy Jason working there had a BAD deal happen.. a guy was driving nuts leaving the store as I was turning to come in.... I asked Jason what the deal was... He told me the guy was way, way drunk and Jason refused to sell him any beer. . Guy left as I said... Driving fast and jumped the curb leaving... I hung around for a few minutes talking with Jason... Ambulance comes flying by... We looked at each other and both said the same thing... That drunk guy just wrecked... I drove west on Rte 5... Sure enough he barrel rolled his truck... It was a bad wreck. Helicopter came in to take him to Norfolk General... He was not likely to live according to state police officer who came to that 7-11 that Jason worked at. He asked Jason if he sold him any alcohol... Of course Jason told him he had not done that. Again... Very good thing Jason had not done that. He could have gotten into trouble with law if he had done so.
I’ve been to that 7-11 once. I see you are in northern Virginia I’m in Roanoke. Good thing I didn’t see that.

Lots of truckers swear by it, even though it does absolutely nothing of benefit for them, they might as well pee in the sump.
Just out of curiosity where do you find all this info? I haven’t seen anything like it. Not doubting you at all I am just wondering so I can share with my dad.

I’ve been to that 7-11 once. I see you are in northern Virginia I’m in Roanoke. Good thing I didn’t see that.

I'm actually near the Williamsburg area... Eastern/ southeast Va.

Rte 5 runs between my area and Richmond to the west. Good road overall... Two lane with many good passing zones up until you get west of Rte 106... Police sit near the Charles City courthouse area. One part is straight as a arrow for 2.8 miles. On the other side of the James River Rte 10 is the way between Suffolk and Petersburg/Richmond area. No where near as many passing spots on that road.

Years ago I had a customer who had us change the trans and rear axle oils yearly on his Class 8 1967 B Mack truck. He bought it new when he got out of the Army. It was a beautiful (Canary yellow) old school-looking truck with over 1M miles on it.

He insisted, and provided, a bottle of Lucas oil treatment when we changed the oil. He swore by the stuff but I was unimpressed.

7-Eleven had the best dogs back in the 80s!! I'd get a couple on the way home from school sometimes:D
They are still pretty **** good! However they are no longer the only game in town...Circle K dogs are solid, so we now have options for a good cheap lunch (or after hours binge, if that's what is desired at the time).

I just about got run into by someone just like you describe here at... Darn near 2 am .... :LOL:

She was driving the wrong way on a divided highway... Drunk as a skunk... I stopped at the 7-11 and asked the lady there if they had a really drunk person just leave there... Bingo... Yeah they sure did she told me. World champion... I asked if she sold that lady anything... She told me no... Thank goodness...

But seriously... At the other 7-11 off Rte 5 one night my buddy Jason working there had a BAD deal happen..

bbhero - sounds like those 7-11s need to be avoided - danger zone. o_O

Back