Requirements for Euro 7 engines and motor oils

Thought i might post this interesting article posted by Eurol, a Dutch lubricant manufacturer.

This is regarding the manufacturer requirements for the upcoming Euro7 standards and how this will also put stricter requirements on the engine oil.

https://eurol.com/en/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-euro-7-standard/

These upcoming Euro7 standards will probably "kill" a lot more fun cars/engines with their supertight emission restrictions for multiple pollutants compared to the older simpler standards.

Also the need for the vehicle to self monitor/test and comply with these standards for 200.000kms has to be a massive engineering challenge because i guess they basically will have to warrant this for all those years.

The added complexity will probably make new cars "even worse" reliability wise and this will also drive up the production costs and make smaller/cheaper harder to bring to the market similair as to the requirements for lane keep assists and auto braking "killed" some of the smaller models.

Dont get me wrong i like clean air😁. But as someone with some experience on the ecu programming/tuning scene i can see this will be a big task.

I don't think they were scrapped. More watered-down to be more realistic.
The EU dropped them 3 weeks ago. Meaning, emissions were dropped, but some aspects stayed in effect: tires, etc. so, I guess that is why people call it “watered down.” Only certain commercial equipment. It would literally kill Lamborghini etc.

Okay, i wonder how the rules for brake dust and tire wear will be implemented in real life. Maybe they will now manufacturer tires which will last a 100k miles🤡

Okay, i wonder how the rules for brake dust and tire wear will be implemented in real life. Maybe they will now manufacturer tires which will last a 100k miles🤡
I can see it now. German autobahn sets a maximum speed of 130 kph in order to reduce brake dust. Slower speeds allow for the use of low dust pads. In response Porsche AG relocates to the Dallas Texas whereas BMW and Mercedes start building electric bikes and trains. ;)

I can see it now. German autobahn sets a maximum speed of 130 kph in order to reduce brake dust. Slower speeds allow for the use of low dust pads. In response Porsche AG relocates to the Dallas Texas whereas BMW and Mercedes start building electric bikes and trains. ;)
That is on par 2nd amendment issue in the US.

Update: Euro 7 won't see light until 2030. The watered down version was supposed to be implemented in 2026, but they moved it to 2030.
This is the part where reality hit the EU Parliament.

Back