XO5W20-QFS 5w 30 motor oil. Any beside Mopar.........................

Search on this oil spec returns N0 BOB hits.

F150, 2014 3.7L *New to me*. Ford manual states XO-5W20-QSP or XO5W20-QFS (U.S.); CXO5W20-LSP12 or CXO5W20-LFS12, 5w-30. I cain't find this except for MOPAR, which is 7 dollars a jug more than SuperTech.

1. Is there more certification documentation available for National Brand Oils?
2. My Prius specifies : ILSAC GF-5. SuperTech exceeds. Hooray.
3. I use SuperTech for everything...........
4. ADVISE............

WOOPS........MY MANUAL FOOTNOTES THIS)))))))) SORRY....MY QUESTION ANSWERED IN MANUAL..........
The design of your engine allows for the use of Motorcraft engine oils or equivalent oils that meet Ford specifications. It is also acceptable to use an engine oil of recommended viscosity grade that meets API SN requirements and displays the API certification mark for gasoline engines. 3
Do not use supplemental engine oil additives in your engine. They are unnecessary and could lead to engine damage not covered by your Ford warranty.
Do not use API S category oils labeled as SN, SM, SL or lower category unless the label also displays the API certification mark. These oils do not meet the requirements of the engine and emission system.

Last edited:
It's probably a specific motorcraft part number for their overpriced swill.

It's not a turbocharged gdi engine. You could use CK rated 15w-40 and it would be better off than with that pcmo 5w-20. Houston doesn't get cold either.

Straight from the Ford owner's manual:

"The design of your engine allows for the use of Motorcraft engine oils or equivalent oils that meet Ford specifications. It is also acceptable to use an engine oil of recommended viscosity grade that meets API SN requirements and displays the API certification mark for gasoline engines."

So basically as long as it's SN or above and the proper weight, you are good.

Straight from the Ford owner's manual:

"The design of your engine allows for the use of Motorcraft engine oils or equivalent oils that meet Ford specifications. It is also acceptable to use an engine oil of recommended viscosity grade that meets API SN requirements and displays the API certification mark for gasoline engines."

So basically as long as it's SN or above and the proper weight, you are good.
I caught that footnote on the 4th or 5th re-reading. Watch out for foot notes.

XO-5W20-QSP now XO-5W20-Q1SP is the part number for a quart bottle of 5W20 synthetic blend. XO-5W20-QFS now XO-5W20-Q1FS is the part number for a quart bottle of 5W20 full synthetic.

They added the 1 in the suffix a couple API updates ago to "help with LSPI".

Funny story about Motorcraft oil, probably 15ish years ago they had a big presentation here about it. I was kicked out when I asked what group the full synthetic was and although legal isn't it a little misleading to label something as full synthetic when it is hydrocracked.

Last edited:
Back