Outrageous Price of BMW LL17FE+ engine oil

How many miles on the oil?
2500 miles, one year. The old oil was Super tech high mileage 5-30 synthetic. I could still see through it but it was a little dirty, The new oil has like a hundred miles on it. I have to move the dipstick around to make the light shine on that almost clear gold oil. Yeah, I don't drive that much. I guess I am tired of it after many years as a long-haul trucker. I easily have a million and a half accident-free miles.

In this case I would be along with the VW and Porsche approvals.
If you have an expensive German car like that just suck it up and buy what they want to make sure that warranty is good. Sell or trade in just before the warranty runs out. Have good tow insurance.

2500 miles, one year. The old oil was Super tech high mileage 5-30 synthetic. I could still see through it but it was a little dirty, The new oil has like a hundred miles on it. I have to move the dipstick around to make the light shine on that almost clear gold oil. Yeah, I don't drive that much. I guess I am tired of it after many years as a long-haul trucker. I easily have a million and a half accident-free miles.
Well oil will darken with mileage and when heated up put some mileage on that oil let it get dirty and do the job intended

I'm glad my vehicles are not this fussy about oil. The most I've paid in a long time was 23.00 a gallon for ultra platinum Pennzoil high mileage full synthetic 5-30. I just checked my oil and it's almost hard to see the fresh oil on the dipstick. so clean.
I always buy the Walmart 5 qts. They're a good deal and at least since I'm only trying to meet VW502 I think the most I've paid is $27. It almost feels like some oil requirements are just trying to be insanely different while being as thin as possible.

On another planet it will.
There are a lot of bimmers that still run on 1993 suspension, which is year that Hellcat’s platform and suspension saw the light of the day in Mercedes E class.
Gotta agree here. It's almost laughable that a BMW v Challenger reliability longevity argument emerges, as neither brand has a good rep, but acknowledge BMW's superiority here along with the antediluvian tech underneath the Challenger Hellcat. Honda folks are laughing at this post. (still, respect for the Hellcat offerings)

Availability is not quite the issue (although the modest selection within the spec is another point of discussion. It's price.
Are you under warranty?

This isn’t that complicated overall - if you use LL04 as a substitute you won’t harm the engine at all. So, just grab Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 or PP Euro L 5W-30 which is $26 for 5 Qt at Walmart.

Back