6 Cops in Freddie Gray Death Now Facing Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
A big part of the problem is that we have contracted law enforcement to various police agencies. Victims can only resist crime in a defensive manner. Any resistance beyond that is subject to criminal prosecution.

In the community I live we have a large homeless problem because of our yearound Mediterranean climate. Aggressive panhandling is becoming more common where pedestrians are being blocked on sidewalks and cash demanded of them. An 18 woman store clerk was punched in the face for no reason while she was helping a homeless man who was seemingly interested in making a purchase. Just yesterday a homeless person punched a store owner in the face while he stood on the sidewalk. The homeless person demanded he get off the sidewalk because it was his property. About 6 months ago a homeless person was walking up to middle-aged women and punching them squarely on the face, knocking one of them completely unconscious.

What did the police do? After a short stay in jail they let each one of them back out in the community because the homeless in our liberal enclave are considered the real victims. It's not the police who want them freed, it's our local city council.

What do you think would happen if citizens were allowed to defend themselves rather than passively accept this kind fate? Take it a step further, suppose you return home and find your wife being assaulted. Would you call the police before taking your own action? I most certainly wouldn't and an already terrible situation would get worse. Much worse - for the perpetrator.

Scott

Worthless waste of space bums like that need to be exterminated.

Originally Posted By: Turk
All I'll say is.....

Listen, actually listen to ALL of what she has to say & how she says it. Oh my. Then comment.

It's the SPEED of the charges being brought that is suspicious.

Looks like the cops are getting thrown under the bus to placate the masses. Any person with that many arrests is hardly a saint.

I've had a simple rule and never been arrested or imprisoned. Simply stay out of trouble.

Works for me...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Yea I get arrested several times a year. Would you trust this guy with your female significant other?
Expensive way to get rid of him, but I'm glad he is off the streets and off the planet.

Is that the threshold? Anyone we don't trust gets arrested, tuned up, and locked up?

Yes, the guy was hardly a model citizen.

Yet he was also a human being who deserved the full protection of our laws as well. We all do.

If the officers acted in the wrong, they deserve to bear the consequences of their actions as well.

The quality of elected and appointed officials in our government borders on sabotage and in some cases like Baltimore they are engaged directly in sabotage. The Mayor of Baltimore lit the fuse and now claims otherwise. The adviser on racial affairs to the White House, Al Sharpton stated that "they" did not need evidence. Sharpton stated that what they needed instead, was justice. The system is burning and these officials are fueling the flames.

Originally Posted By: Brigadier
Sacrifice 6 cops to appease the thug anarchists and maybe keep Baltimore from burning? No problem.

standard.jpg

You make very good point, maybe they should just shot him on sight, skip the arrest and handcuffing. Shesh, what waste of time and resource.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
An absolute outrage that these officers were charged, let alone charged with murder. They will absolutely 100% get exonerated at trial and then the city can burn again.

Not buckling up a combative prisoner does not equate to being arrested for murder. These are policy violations at most. What a freaking joke.

I sincerely hope and pray that the entire Baltimore police force quits.

I wondered that too with new York pd, I wondered why we did not see a whole sale resignation. I hope Baltimore pd officers quit!

I hope the Mayor gets impeached. I did not vote for that clown!

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Curious question,

Where does the lack of providing medical attention when it was apparently necessary fall into this? This seems to be a very large point associated with this case.

If you were a cop for just one year and made 100 arrest, about 15 of those people would be screaming for medical attention and at least 5 of them would be faking that they were unconscious. Intoxicated criminals act irrationally and are often not cooperative. They probably thought that he was acting out, just like hundreds of other arrestees do every year. ONCE they realized that he was in actual distress and wasn't faking, they summonsed an ambulance.

The seat belt policy requiring all arrestees to be seat belted was ONLY 9 DAYS OLD. Most of the supervisors haven't even went over the new policy with their officers yet. Not to mention it is almost impossible to seat belt in an upright position a person who is non compliant and just laying there, as Freddy Gray was.

Even then, a seat belt policy violation does not equal arresting six officers and charging them with MURDER. It's absolutely absurd and makes a complete mockery of the criminal justice system.

It's unfortunate he dies, but Freddy Gray has to share some responsibility in his death (non-compliant, banging his dead repeatedly into the cage)

What would happen if I failed to properly restrain an infant or toddler in a car, then drove somewhere and got in an accident- the child goes flying and is killed? I'm guessing that some form of charges would be pressed relating to it's death. Vehicular manslaughter? Negligent homicide? Who knows.

Interesting.......

"A Fraternal Order of Police lodge is asking Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby to appoint a special prosecutor to the Freddie Gray investigation because of her personal connection to the Gray family's attorney, William H. "Billy" Murphy Jr., and her marriage to a city councilman."

"The letter from Gene Ryan, president of Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3, also states that none of the six officers involved in Gray's arrest and death were responsible for the 25-year-old West Baltimore man's death that spurred protests and unrest, including rioting and looting on Monday. The letter was released just minutes before Mosby announced charges against the officers."

"Murphy supported Mosby during her campaign last year. He donated $5,000 to her campaign and served on her transition committee."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma.../[censored]-md-fop-letter-20150501-story.html

Originally Posted By: SLATRON
burglary & stolen property are only offenses i'd consider justified, the others war on drugs bull [censored].

Imagine this for me. You live in Baltimore. You live in a typical row house. You are a law abiding individual and decent member of the community. Freddie Gray lives next door. He sits on his front stoop all day selling drugs. At times, he even sits on your front stoop selling drugs since your stoop and his stoop are only about 8 feet apart. You notice that undesirable people near your front door at all hours of the day and you are afraid to leave your house as you have to walk through these undesirables to get to your car. Is the "war on drugs bull [censored]" as you say? Or are the cops that raid Freddy's house just doing their jobs and making your community a better place to live?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: The_Eric
What would happen if I failed to properly restrain an infant or toddler in a car, then drove somewhere and got in an accident- the child goes flying and is killed? I'm guessing that some form of charges would be pressed relating to it's death. Vehicular manslaughter? Negligent homicide? Who knows.

Infants and small children don't spit on you and passively resist your efforts by hanging limp instead of walking to the van. How do you seat belt a person that refuses to walk, refuses to sit up, and just basically lays there?

An absolute outrage that these officers were charged, let alone charged with murder. They will absolutely 100% get exonerated at trial and then the city can burn again.

Not buckling up a combative prisoner does not equate to being arrested for murder. These are policy violations at most. What a freaking joke.

How can you say this? You are just as wrong for saying this as the President was for immediately accusing the police for their behavior. LET THE LEGAL SYSTEM WORK ITS COURSE. WHEN ALL EVIDENCE IS PRESENTED, A JURY CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.

Originally Posted By: Turk

"A Fraternal Order of Police lodge is asking Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby to appoint a special prosecutor to the Freddie Gray investigation because of her personal connection to the Gray family's attorney, William H. "Billy" Murphy Jr., and her marriage to a city councilman."

A public servant acting on the behal of her benefactor??? Say it ain't so.

No matter how many times they try these guys it will be a hung jury.

Last edited:
I predict in classic fashion the Atty Gen will overcharge the cops and they will walk, at least for the more major charges. These over zealous prosecutors tend to do that. As a famous motorcycle racer once said, don't let you ambition exceed your talent.

She said:

"I heard your calls for no justice, no peace"

"To the youth of this city; I will seek justice on your behalf"

"and to the young people, this is our time."

What does that sound like to you guys.....???

Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
How can you say this? You are just as wrong for saying this as the President was for immediately accusing the police for their behavior. LET THE LEGAL SYSTEM WORK ITS COURSE. WHEN ALL EVIDENCE IS PRESENTED, A JURY CAN MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.

Murder? MURDER??!! Did the officers yank poor drug dealer Freddy out of the van and execute him in the middle of the street? That would be murder. Driving the non-compliant thug without a seat belt to the jail is a policy violation, not a violation of law. It's a politically motivated clown show at best.

As far as the charges of false imprisonment, the suspect ran from officers in a high crime neighborhood. Illinois vs Wardlow authorizes officers to take into custody offenders that run from the police in high crime areas for questioning as to why they are running. Even the fact that he resisted arrest as the officers caught him, he can be charged JUST with resisting arrest and nothing else. Happens in every jurisdiction in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back