5w30 Throw Off VVT [ 5w20 Vehicle ] ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr

Again, despite urban legends, the position sensor and the ecu control the retard and advance position. The oil viscosity does not in the toyota system., the oil is simply the energy to move things. the ecu and the actuators throttle and adjust that position constantly to maintain the throttle position ....

Not all "urban legends", but a study of toyota papers on the implementation of intake cam VVTi in small economy engines. though this was well over a decade ago.

Let's be cautious not to lump " all vvt" system into the design and implementation in your current vehicle. Like I said many threads ago, many systems are different and react differently. A well implemented system should NOT be viscosity sensitive and have spool valves to adjust oil pressure and thus cam position. Not all systems have this sophisitcation.

I see your point, there may be obsolete technologies that would be impacted.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr

Again, despite urban legends, the position sensor and the ecu control the retard and advance position. The oil viscosity does not in the toyota system., the oil is simply the energy to move things. the ecu and the actuators throttle and adjust that position constantly to maintain the throttle position ....

Not all "urban legends", but a study of toyota papers on the implementation of intake cam VVTi in small economy engines. though this was well over a decade ago.

Let's be cautious not to lump " all vvt" system into the design and implementation in your current vehicle. Like I said many threads ago, many systems are different and react differently. A well implemented system should NOT be viscosity sensitive and have spool valves to adjust oil pressure and thus cam position. Not all systems have this sophisitcation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back