2023 Nissan Titan

What's the word on the new Titan? I know Nissan's quality is not what it used to be, but it has some features I like: No Start-Stop, No cylinder deactivation, No Turbos. They sell so few, it's hard to do good research on the common problems. I know they have the 5 year/100K warranty, but I tend to keep my vehicles for a LONG time. I still have a 2001 Xterra that I bought new, 260,000 miles and the most reliable vehicles I've owned. That's one reason I still consider a Nissan.

I'm also considering a 2023 Tacoma 6 speed manual. I know that's probably the wise choice from a reliability standpoint, but I sure would enjoy the room and comfort of a full size truck.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I have a 2018 that has been trouble free . I haven't seen any advertising for a 2023 . I assumed they quit making them but I see them on the website .

Nothing new for 2023... Inventory of 2022's was pretty much nil around here.
Nissan's website has info.

Last edited:
Before I bought my slightly used F150 I went and looked at them. I didn't even consider a test drive because the salesman told there is a $5,000.00 markup on the truck I was looking at. Mind you-this was after Nissan announced they were discontinuing them. I told him that it would be really stupid to pay $5,000.00 over on something that Nissan was pulling the plug on. He just shrugged his shoulders. But then again-this is Salt Lake City and atypical of your local (insert any brand here) dealer experience. Here is what I bought this past September-
PXL_20220927_191827100.MP2.jpg

Last edited:
It's funny how dealers operate in different areas. The Titan is probably the most discounted truck in a 250 mile radius from me.

I haven't seen that it's officially discontinued, but I don't expect it to go much past 2024.

My best friend has one. Bought new in 2018. About 45k miles on it with lots of towing and hauling and less than ideal maintenance. It has only required one repair which was a pinion seal and it was covered under warranty. It's been a very good truck. He bought it for about $34k before prices went berserk.

My best friend has one. Bought new in 2018. About 45k miles on it with lots of towing and hauling and less than ideal maintenance. It has only required one repair which was a pinion seal and it was covered under warranty. It's been a very good truck. He bought it for about $34k before prices went berserk.
You could buy them for $12,000.00 to $15,000.00 off MSRP three years ago-before you know.

What's the word on the new Titan? I know Nissan's quality is not what it used to be, but it has some features I like: No Start-Stop, No cylinder deactivation, No Turbos. They sell so few, it's hard to do good research on the common problems. I know they have the 5 year/100K warranty, but I tend to keep my vehicles for a LONG time. I still have a 2001 Xterra that I bought new, 260,000 miles and the most reliable vehicles I've owned. That's one reason I still consider a Nissan.

I'm also considering a 2023 Tacoma 6 speed manual. I know that's probably the wise choice from a reliability standpoint, but I sure would enjoy the room and comfort of a full size truck.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
They actually sell every Titan they can make. I don't think it's dead. Great truck without all the turbo nonsense and start/stop complexity. If I were in the market, I'd buy one without question.

They actually sell every Titan they can make. I don't think it's dead. Great truck without all the turbo nonsense and start/stop complexity. If I were in the market, I'd buy one without question.
Google is your friend here-the Titan IS DEAD. It's been announced already. They cannot keep the product viable with minuscule sales.

You could buy them for $12,000.00 to $15,000.00 off MSRP three years ago-before you know.

You could buy them for $12,000.00 to $15,000.00 off MSRP three years ago-before you know.I think his was somewhere in the ballpark of $12k off sticker. It was a great deal for a brand new truck, the warranty was great too, and it was just what he wanted.

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.14.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.17.12 PM.png

FCA (now Stellantis) sold more trucks in a week during 2021 than Nissan has sold Titan's this year.

From Edmunds:

Automotive News reports that Nissan may soon drop the Titan and Titan XD full-size trucks from its lineup. Citing a source with knowledge of Nissan's plans, AN says that the Titan and Titan XD are expected to be built until the end of calendar year 2024, but there are currently no teams working on a replacement. As it stands, 2024 might be the last model year for Nissan's modest workhorse.

From Motortrend:
We have bad news for the small fraction of folks who consider themselves diehard fans of the Nissan Titan. A source has told Automotive News that Nissan is looking to end production of the truck. "There's no plan engineering's working on for replacing it, updating it," the source told Automotive News. "It's dead."

Google is your friend here-the Titan IS DEAD. It's been announced already. They cannot keep the product viable with minuscule sales.
Has Nissan actually announced that? I know there is lots of speculation, and it won't surprise me at all, but I don't think anything has been formally announced?

Anyway, your best bet is to head to Titantalk and ask around. The venerable 5.6 is mostly bulletproof, but they went GDI on it so it likely will need valve cleaning at some point like all the GDI engines likely will. The trans is a Mercedes designed but Nissan built 9 speed that I haven't heard of any problems with. There was a recall for the parking pall, but that was a machining issue not a design problem.

I don't recall any major gotcha's - just that market has never been friendly to Japanese OEM's. Even Toyota can only sell like 8% of the volume either ford or GM do. Nissan has / had no chance.

Has Nissan actually announced that? I know there is lots of speculation, and it won't surprise me at all, but I don't think anything has been formally announced?

Anyway, your best bet is to head to Titantalk and ask around. The venerable 5.6 is mostly bulletproof, but they went GDI on it so it likely will need valve cleaning at some point like all the GDI engines likely will. The trans is a Mercedes designed but Nissan built 9 speed that I haven't heard of any problems with. There was a recall for the parking pall, but that was a machining issue not a design problem.

I don't recall any major gotcha's - just that market has never been friendly to Japanese OEM's. Even Toyota can only sell like 8% of the volume either ford or GM do. Nissan has / had no chance.
The suppliers have announced there is no research team for a new model. They sold 12,000 trucks this year (as posted above). Insiders say it's dead.
quote-
Nissan was circumspect when asked about the fate of the Titan, handing out a boilerplate statement to all who inquired: “Titan is an important part of Nissan’s showroom, and we’ve seen a positive impact from Frontier in driving added awareness and consideration for our full-size truck. Titan remains in Nissan’s truck lineup for the 2022 model year and beyond.”

Not exactly a deluge of praise to douse the sizzling rumor mill.

end quote.

That's a statement that says it's dead if you read between the lines.

Dead... perhaps in 2025. There's a 2023 Platinum model that looks mighty fine. Maybe they will be around for another few years.

Dead... perhaps in 2025. There's a 2023 Platinum model that looks mighty fine. Maybe they will be around for another few years.

That truck is $70,000.00 grand. If you are going to drive it to the ground-and hope you can get parts (junkyards will not be your friend - sales numbers have been dismal since introduction) that's one thing. To buy that truck and trade it in is stupid (resale has always been bad) when there are other trucks that are just as good.

The suppliers have announced there is no research team for a new model. They sold 12,000 trucks this year (as posted above). Insiders say it's dead.
quote-
Nissan was circumspect when asked about the fate of the Titan, handing out a boilerplate statement to all who inquired: “Titan is an important part of Nissan’s showroom, and we’ve seen a positive impact from Frontier in driving added awareness and consideration for our full-size truck. Titan remains in Nissan’s truck lineup for the 2022 model year and beyond.”

Not exactly a deluge of praise to douse the sizzling rumor mill.

end quote.

That's a statement that says it's dead if you read between the lines.
Yes but there is always the rumor mill with Nissan, and I swear they get their PR people from the local high school. The press speculated about the new Frontier starting in 2015 - it came in what, 2022? In like 2017 everyone published some blurb about the Navara was going to be the Frontier replacement, and Nissan also came out with some similar statement like "were investing in the N America market" or some drivel. There still speculating about a new Xterra in N. America - even though they sold virtually none when they did have one.

Not saying your wrong, but if anyone can milk a low volume platform for much longer than expected its Nissan. Especially given its built on the same line as the Frontier which seems to be selling fairly well, so capital expense is already sunk. Unless they need the factory space for another body on frame vehicle?

I would agree however it won't be re-designed, so whether its dead in 2023 or 2028 - this will be the last Titan likely.

That truck is $70,000.00 grand. If you are going to drive it to the ground-and hope you can get parts (junkyards will not be your friend - sales numbers have been dismal since introduction) that's one thing. To buy that truck and trade it in is stupid (resale has always been bad) when there are other trucks that are just as good.
Of course it's $70k... Have you seen the prices on the domestic "platinum" brands? Nissan also makes less luxury trucks in the $40k range... They may not sell as many trucks as the other manufacturers, but... Nissan owners rave about them and are longer-term owners. Let's face it... the market is saturated and there's only room for so many trucks. Trading-in 'any" vehicle isn't a good time unless one ejoys wheeling & dealing with car dealers.

Of course it's $70k... Have you seen the prices on the domestic "platinum" brands? Nissan also makes less luxury trucks in the $40k range... They may not sell as many trucks as the other manufacturers, but... Nissan owners rave about them and are longer-term owners. Let's face it... the market is saturated and there's only room for so many trucks. Trading-in 'any" vehicle isn't a good time unless one ejoys wheeling & dealing with car dealers.
I traded in a 2018 Silverado for a 2020 F150 and came out just fine this past September.

Back