2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz pick up ...

Let me guess, they won't make nearly enough, and nobody will be able to see/buy one like a Telluride or SX Carnival.

Aannndddd it’s likely FWD… immediate hard no. Otherwise I like it.

Hyundai has stated they are marketing this as a "life style" vehicle and not a pickup. Seeing how there are many pickups that haul around nothing but air in their beds, and never go off road-this may very well be the right time to have such a vehicle. If you don't really need a bed-if you compare this to the upcoming Ford Maverick it looks really attractive and the Maverick looks like a 10 year old Frontier.

Hyundai has stated they are marketing this as a "life style" vehicle and not a pickup. Seeing how there are many pickups that haul around nothing but air in their beds, and never go off road-this may very well be the right time to have such a vehicle. If you don't really need a bed-if you compare this to the upcoming Ford Maverick it looks really attractive and the Maverick looks like a 10 year old Frontier.
My bias against FWD is purely because I don’t like the way it feels while driving. For 99.999% of people, they won’t care/it doesn’t bother them and that’s alright, but I’ll personally be sticking to RWD/RWD biased AWD vehicles.

Let me guess, they won't make nearly enough, and nobody will be able to see/buy one like a Telluride or SX Carnival.
To be constrained by capacity is a good problem to have. It beats shutting down factories and assembly lines. How many people own cars that blow up and have to have a replacement vehicle the same day? HINT: Not many.

To be constrained by capacity is a good problem to have. It beats shutting down factories and assembly lines. How many people own cars that blow up and have to have a replacement vehicle the same day? HINT: Not many.
Telluride is nearly a 1 year wait for orders. Many full size trucks/suburban type things are simply gone. They are losing the number of units sold but making a lot more margin through reduced incentives. My guess is they would all love to crank out a few more units right now.

i rented one of these. not as bad as you’d think

B1044079-2281-461B-85FA-7A9AA1837548.jpeg

Telluride is nearly a 1 year wait for orders. Many full size trucks/suburban type things are simply gone. They are losing the number of units sold but making a lot more margin through reduced incentives. My guess is they would all love to crank out a few more units right now.
How do you know they are losing sales? You are right about your one point-they don't need incentives to sell this vehicle.

How do you know they are losing sales? You are right about your one point-they don't need incentives to sell this vehicle.
Well, due to the fact that they don't have any for us to look at, they lost a Denali Yukon sale. No thanks on waiting an estimated 3 months for an order.

Well, due to the fact that they don't have any for us to look at, they lost a Denali Yukon sale. No thanks on waiting an estimated 3 months for an order.
A Denali Yukon is at least 10,000 more. Isn't it?

This thing has been in development for a really long time. If memory serves, the concept renderings started showing up back in 2011, the same time I got my Optima. Looks good to me, just don't need it for anything.

A Denali Yukon is at least 10,000 more. Isn't it?
10k more than what? I'd get a Yukon Denali "base" model at 75k sticker, in a normal market it would have 5-10k of discount. You can't option the 6.2 engine with lessor trims, and i must purchase the largest engine option. So 65k vs 43k for a nice mini van isn't that big of a deal in terms of payments and would be worth it for having real 4x4 and towing in our family hauler. Your making a rather large car payment either way.

Sounds like you may have sold your TourX a little too soon. :)
Yes, but the offer was quite good, and i may be getting a Carnival SX as soon as this weekend. My wife has not been enjoying driving a lifted truck everywhere. I felt like that if i waited too long i would take a big depreciation hit if the car market cooled even a bit.

Orders may take that long, but larger volume dealers have Tellurides and Carnivals on the lots for those that don't mind buying from dealer inventory. My local Kia dealer has 7 Tellurides in stock (2 SX...both white with black wheels which would work for me if I wanted one) and 6 Carnivals (3 SX...red, white, and gray).

Back