New Hyundai turn signals mounted down in rear bumper??

I was behind a new Santa Fe I believe and the turn signals were down in the rear bumper cover.

Why on earth would you do this?

I can see one issue when there is a line of stopped vehicles and you are moving up an adjacent lane, the vehicle behind the Hyundai would block this signal if they are wanting to move in your lane.

Also, what about a cargo rack or small trailer?

IMO this looks like a bad design.

I was behind a new Santa Fe I believe and the turn signals were down in the rear bumper cover.

Why on earth would you do this?

I can see one issue when there is a line of stopped vehicles and you are moving up an adjacent lane, the vehicle behind the Hyundai would block this signal if they are wanting to move in your lane.

Also, what about a cargo rack or small trailer?

IMO this looks like a bad design.
Because they didn't want the typical American one bulb that did everything, so they separated it down to the bumper.

A small trailer would have lights on it. A cargo rack or bike rack, they tend not to have auxilary lights on them.

Yeah I think the Bolt as well? Definitely some stupid design.
Especially since the outer corner lights are actually fixed to the body, unlike a Mini Clubman (which its lights are on a moveable panel, so it gets bumper stop lights).

2022-Chevrolet-Bolt-EUV-cargo.jpg

A few of the newer cuv's and a few Hyundai's are like this. I presume it's to make it easier to see for cars or packaging. Unfortunately if you get rear ended it now damages a bumper lighting and wiring.

This is due to lighting regulations.
No, if it was others would be forced to do it. My Hyundai Kona has it and I tinted the blinkers in the bumpers trying to camouflage the stupid design. I left the upper running lights/brake lights non tinted color as tinting those would attract the anti-tint police stops/tickets where I live. They can be seen on my car in my link in my signature below.

No, if it was others would be forced to do it. My Hyundai Kona has it and I tinted the blinkers in the bumpers trying to camouflage the stupid design. I left the upper running lights/brake lights non tinted color as tinting those would attract the anti-tint police stops/tickets where I live. They can be seen on my car in my link in my signature below.
Let me reiterate. If the upper lights are on moveable bodywork ie like some of the mini coopers then yes otherwise its just a hog design

Back