Quaker State 0w30 Full Synthetic, 1,282 Miles, 2.5T Hyundai, Initial Oil Change

Owner's manual says only use 0w30 and then says "Using oils of any other viscosity other than those than recommended could result in engine damage." That is why I would not put in a 5w30 oil due to potential warranty denial. I mean it is very clear what the manual says and if I did ever have an engine warranty claim, and given all I have read about Hyundai, it would not be a surprise if they said "Well, sorry, looks like you have been using the wrong viscosity oil..." Now if they change the owner's manual then I would be up for using a 5w instead of 0w. There are lots of 5w30 oils that meet GF6, SP, SN plus ratings. Amsoil and Mobil One AFE are the only ones I can find that meet GF6, SP, SN plus ratings as well as 0w30 viscosity.
View attachment 175055
View attachment 175056
0w30 and 5w30 are the same viscosity. End of story, no arguments possible, the end. If you were in front of an arbitrator that was familiar with engine oils, and Hyundai were trying to deny your warranty based on that, the arbitrator should rightly laugh in their faces while stroking you a fat check.

The manual also says....
Screenshot_20230829_061623.jpg

But I understand your concern, OP.

Hi, I changed the oil after 1,282 miles of new 23 Hyundai Santa Cruz 2.5 Turbo, initial oil change. Oil is Quaker State 0w30 full synthetic. As you can see, report is showing high silicon @96 ppm, high molybdenum @737 ppm and low viscosity @8.3 cSt vs 11.6 for new. Fuel dilution is noted @1.8%, I drove ~180 highway miles just before oil change so I thought this would be lower. I am looking for comments that would help explain the high silicon and the fuel dilution and any other comments relative to the analysis. Thank you in advance.

View attachment 175032

Just to add my 23 Hyundai SantaFe 2.5T factory fill came back at 9.0cSt at 635 miles. Don't think they are using 30w to begin with.

According to QS they are the factory fill for Hyundai and Kia - - - I spoke to two techs about it a few years ago.
Its a different blend specifically for the OEM - can not be bought retail.

Back