2022 Ford Maverick

cvt in a truck? why not just put in ford’s venerable six speed a.t.?
I believe the cvt in this ford will be similar to the Ecvt in the toyota hybrids which is a good thing as they can be extremely reliable. There shouldn't be any belt or pulleys in this one. I don't trust belt and pulleys to tow or carry a lot of payload even. but an Ecvt yes.

I like it. But I couldn’t do those base model steel wheels. My Camry has the same wheels. :sick:

They have the Escape hybrid for years . Not sure of its dependability . I think it was shared with Toyota . This should give the Hyundai Santa Cruz a run for the $ .
They were used as Taxis in New York City. As far as the Santa Cruz goes-Hyundai is much more willing (we have seen this in the past) to put rebates on the hood to move metal-Ford not so much.

I like it. But I couldn’t do those base model steel wheels. My Camry has the same wheels. :sick:
I'm sure they'll have some cheap option for that. i believe there's an xl option where you get some chrome bits, fog lights and aluminum wheels for like $500 or so. So I'm guessing they'll have something like that for the xl maverick.

I find this interesting that Ford was impressed with the ridgeline design. 9 out of 10 of these manly man trucks never even see a gravel driveway. God forbid we have lower, easier to drive, urban friendly size family truck. Something that everybody can drive and feel comfortable. These monster trucks running all over are maybe going away in the future???? A new trend perhaps. Just like the harley decline among younger buyers, I wonder if the big man truck might not be as popular going forward?

I find this interesting that Ford was impressed with the ridgeline design. 9 out of 10 of these manly man trucks never even see a gravel driveway. God forbid we have lower, easier to drive, urban friendly size family truck. Something that everybody can drive and feel comfortable. These monster trucks running all over are maybe going away in the future???? A new trend perhaps. Just like the harley decline among younger buyers, I wonder if the big man truck might not be as popular going forward?
they wont go away but with the introduction of a very sensible and compelling option id say the large trucks will eventually decline but not go away. some do need them.

My concern though is how cramped is the inside? The Ranger is too small inside. This thing?

I guess my dreams are over. I’m too tall :ROFLMAO:

I doubt it.

This truck can tow 4000 lbs on paper but that depends what that 4000 lbs looks like. I wouldn't put a 4000 lb enclosed cargo trailer or camper behind it and head cross country, thats for sure. A flat bed trailer with some sod or something for the local Home Depot run, sure. But I could do that with a lot of other vehicles too.

they wont go away but with the introduction of a very sensible and compelling option id say the large trucks will eventually decline but not go away. some do need them.

IDK, there is a very wide range of mid-sized trucks available now with the Ranger, Colorado, Tacoma and Frontier available and they didnt lead to a decline in full-size sales. They just attracted buyers who wouldn't have bought a truck if they couldn't get a mid-sized. This will be the same.

In all the time I've spent on F150 forums and groups I can count on one hand the number of people who switch to a mid-sized truck from a full sized. It probably wouldn't even take a whole hand.

They make an FX4 version too.

AWD’s stuck everywhere yesterday … just don’t have ground clearance … snatched an old couple in a Honda … but drove past the linebackers and cheerleaders … they need to dig and push or will never learn …

Back