2021 Mazda CX5 carbon Edition w/ turbo oil

My 'instant MPG' meter shows 40 Mpg during short runs on access roads.
I have less than 10,000 miles on so far. Engine is just starting to loosen up a little.

My 2¢

My dealer just put 5W30 "conventional" oil in on my first complimentary oil change on my new 2022 CX-5 turbo, @5200 miles. I was shocked at them not using synthetic, but they said the turbo required conventional. This has to be BS and I am pursuing up the food chain.
Ralph

My dealer just put 5W30 "conventional" oil in on my first complimentary oil change on my new 2022 CX-5 turbo, @5200 miles. I was shocked at them not using synthetic, but they said the turbo required conventional. This has to be BS and I am pursuing up the food chain.
Ralph
Here is Mazda’s factory fill UOA for a 2017 CX-9 turbo.

Ralph
It doesn't require a specific TYPE of oil. It requires SAE grade 5w-30, API SM or higher. This means it can be conventional, blend, or synthetic. If you want synthetic, you can pay up for that option. So, its not BS and your pursuit is foolish ignorance at best. Read the owners manual.

Back