2007 Vulcan Engine - MotorCraft/Napa Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It's just odd that two like displacement engines could be found in the same chassis.

I guess Ford distributed the demand/production between the two for some odd reason. Maybe to take up the slack for the Vulcan demand in some other chassis.

And Ford's not the only one to do it either. Many years ago, I had a '71 Impala. Whenever I'd go to a parts to to get an engine part, the first thing the parts man would ask is "Does this car have a 2 barrel or 4 barrel carb?"
This car had two different 400 engines. One was the small block 400 and it had a 2 bbl carb. The other engine was the 402 big block (factory bored over 396) with a 4 bbl carb. Both cars had the identical "400" emblem on the side of the car.
The guess the 400 engine was familiar to the Chevy man where if the car had a "402" emblem on the side of it, it might cause some confusion.
My car had the 402 and it was a great motor.

Originally Posted By: herrhaus
A later model Tortoise is a good buy for someone looking for a fairly reliable, roomy, large sedan, with a decent crash rating. I only paid ~$5,000 for my 04 with 61K miles on it and leather........talk about depreciation!!!!!!!

Yeah its silly how under appreciated those are. The Contour guys get those low mileage engines to drop in for like $400-500.

Originally Posted By: herrhaus
I looked for a Vulcan on purpose. EAA202 for an air filter in it BTW.

A later model Tortoise is a good buy for someone looking for a fairly reliable, roomy, large sedan, with a decent crash rating. I only paid ~$5,000 for my 04 with 61K miles on it and leather........talk about depreciation!!!!!!! Even if my poor AX4N gives up the ghost....I think I'll still be ahead of the game.
Of course, I have to fight off all the hot babes trying to get in my car.....which really annoys my wife of 12 years...
grin2.gif
Anybody got some bengay?

Hmmm....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back