Motorcraft FL-2127 oil filter?

They look good, but not significantly different than the 910S

Is there any significant or practical differences between the 910S and the 2127?

Because the 910s is getting expensive and semi difficult to find

Paging Ford expert @bdcardinal

I don't even have any in stock 🙃 I have some on order but who knows when or if I will see any.
My FAD where I can order small quantities doesn't have any yet. So from Ford I have to order a case quantity, and when you have never EVER sold one, that is a hard thing to do. Especially since I am no longer parts manager (my choice same pay thankfully).

Yes ... there was a thread a while back that showed a PDF of how Motorcraft bumped all the filter numbers. I think the new ones are eCore design if I recall correctly.
Dealer memo from July 2022:

In order to improve availability and ensure our customers are receiving high quality filters, Ford Customer Service is pleased to announce the launch of our first Original Equipment Performance Oil Filter FL-2123-B12.

Motorcraft Original Equipment Performance Oil Filters are engineered and tested to meet the original equipment specifications for for filtration, capacity and durability. These filters are also warranty eligible.

The FL-2123-B12 shares the same fitment as the FL910SB12 and is ready to order now! It comes in a convenient bulk back of 12, perfect for installer sales. This filter is Supplier Direct Ship and comes from a new supplier with a minimum order quantity of 48 pieces (four cases).

Apparently the FL-2123/FL-2127 are both FL-910S equivalents 🤷‍♂️

I don't know anymore 😭

I thought the base end bypass on the 400/910s would prevent unfiltered oil bypassing?
It should if the bypass is in the base ... but not all Motorcraft oil filters have a base end bypass these days. So if this weird adhesive issue is on many Motorcraft models, then it could pose a problem if the bypass valve isn't on the base end anymore.

Still the 400/500/910/820s models?
Still base end on the old Motorcrafts in those models, but if you download the PDF link in the first post of this thread you will see that Ford is replacing many of their old style Motorcraft filters with ones that don't use the base end bypass anymore.

Last edited:
I thought the base end bypass on the 400/910s would prevent unfiltered oil bypassing?
It's not that base/thread end bypass prevents unfiltered oil bypass. It's that the unfiltered oil doesn't "wash" across the media during a bypass event. At least, that's the rationale for base end bypass.

Ford with Motorcraft OFs was picky about that idea with their OEM filters. If this move to dome end is permanent, seems Ford now saying, bypass location not that big a deal now. Might make one wonder if it ever was. Personally, I've never thought bypass location a huge deal. Best information says, generally speaking bypass events are rare and of very short duration when they do occur.

I'm interested in digging up more information on this filter topic.
I just took delivery of a new 2024 Lincoln Corsair with the 2.0L EcoBoost.
I see where the spec filter is FL2127. I cannot find a cross reference to it.
It appears similar to the FL910S. Apparently this new fielder has different threads that are metric and is not interchangeable with the FL910s.
I can't find one in stock anywhere. I can't find a cross reference. It's a brand new vehicle but I will probably do the first oil change at 1000 miles. New engine. Switch to full synthetic.
I wonder what else Ford changed. I am pretty familiar with this 2 l EcoBoost. Everything I have ever seen before oil capacity was 5.7 quarts. This is a very popular engine.
Along with the new oil filter spec in the owner's manual it also says engine capacity is 6.1 quarts with filter change.

I'm interested in digging up more information on this filter topic.
I just took delivery of a new 2024 Lincoln Corsair with the 2.0L EcoBoost.
I see where the spec filter is FL2127. I cannot find a cross reference to it.
It appears similar to the FL910S. Apparently this new fielder has different threads that are metric and is not interchangeable with the FL910s.
I can't find one in stock anywhere. I can't find a cross reference. It's a brand new vehicle but I will probably do the first oil change at 1000 miles. New engine. Switch to full synthetic.
I wonder what else Ford changed. I am pretty familiar with this 2 l EcoBoost. Everything I have ever seen before oil capacity was 5.7 quarts. This is a very popular engine.
Along with the new oil filter spec in the owner's manual it also says engine capacity is 6.1 quarts with filter change.
Even the dealership has no filters?

Recently took delivery of my wife's new 2023 Lincoln Corsair equipped with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine. Looking through the owner's manual, I find that the recommended oil filter is a Motorcraft FL-2127. See snip from owners manual below.

Not that I need one right away, but I can't find a reference to this FL-2127 filter anywhere! Is this a brand-new filter introduced for 2023 engines?

View attachment 158662
The WIX site is coming back with this part number for a 23 and 24 mo Corsair with the 2L ecoboost

It is NOT A 910-S equivalent. Different thread (metric) and high bypass of ~22psi

WIX WL10290.jpg

Recently took delivery of my wife's new 2023 Lincoln Corsair equipped with the 2.0 EcoBoost engine. Looking through the owner's manual, I find that the recommended oil filter is a Motorcraft FL-2127. See snip from owners manual below.

Not that I need one right away, but I can't find a reference to this FL-2127 filter anywhere! Is this a brand-new filter introduced for 2023 engines?

View attachment 158662
Good Morning Exit32,
The Corsair looks like a great vehicle . . . congratulations!
I put your vehicle into the Fram filter lookup and you've got plenty of choices and their all excellent across a number of price points! Personally Ford does not deserve your filter purchase $ because of making something as simple as their oil filter difficult to find. :rolleyes:

1710511632363.jpg

1710511672646.jpg

1710511542248.jpg

Back