Motorcraft price increase

@bdcardinal: Thanks for explaining the new "alternate" part numbers for the FL820S (and others). If I understand you correctly, the new ones are made by Champion Laboratories, which makes sense because Champion makes (or at least used to) the FoMoCo filters installed at the factory. I would have no problem using one if need be.

@bdcardinal: Thanks for explaining the new "alternate" part numbers for the FL820S (and others). If I understand you correctly, the new ones are made by Champion Laboratories, which makes sense because Champion makes (or at least used to) the FoMoCo filters installed at the factory. I would have no problem using one if need be.
That's exactly it. There were certain number oil filters on backorder for a while about 2ish years ago. This was to help ease production constraints but have a different number so they don't get mixed up with the traditional numbers. It was kinda funny when we had to use the alternate for the FL-910S, most of the guys in the shop didn't notice, but one noticed it was lighter and the openings were different. Actually what was the most odd thing was the -B12 bulk numbers were on backorder but not the boxed ones.

I had some on order through Ford that were shipped direct to us from Mann/Hummel/Purolator but the boxes got FedExecuted and we ended up with a bunch of dented filters. Went back to my usual FAD, all genuine parts, and all was well. They get them delivered to them by the pallet load so there is a little more protection than having 3 cases banded together hoping they don't get the Ace Ventura treatment.

I was on Amazon a little while ago. The 820s is back to 3.97.
Just saw it this minute in Amazon browsing history, now matching WM online purchase for in store stock pick up. It should be noted that WM online says "price when purchased online". Wouldn't trust that store purchase price same, personally seen price difference other items. Online listing says regular WM price, $10.74. Too much, imo.

My Walmart in Delaware don't even sell Motorcraft. 🤷🏻‍♂️ But I rarely use Motorcraft filters anymore. Typically Wix filters, this coming oil change will be a Purolator.

They are always sold out at my Walmart.
Yup, in past month I went to Wal Mart looking for FL-910S and “online” showed 11 in stock. At store: ZERO, workers there also ARE worthless. I asked about the filter and they looked at me like I was nuts. Rural King get my oil filter business now. I’ll pay $4.10 especially when they have tons of them.

Yes! I thought I was misreading things at first when I saw the Motorcraft FL-1A was over $13 at Walmart. I think I paid $3 something last year for one. I use these on a big old marine diesel engine. What goes up in price by a factor of 4? Luckily, there a million alternate filters from various manufacturers for this filter. I'll probably pick one of the Fram numbers like the XG8.

My last batch of oil filters was purchased on eBay where the individual sellers are often willing to make a deal.

Back