2007 F150 first oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new 2007 F150,4.2V6,auto.Ford says I can wait until 5k miles for the first oil change and the same there after.I was thinking more like 3k miles.Opinions?
patriot.gif

Absolutely nothing bad will happen if you wait until 5k to change the factory fill. Same story if you change it out earlier.

I'm a weenier. I always change my oil the first 1000 miles.
Some yahoo at the factory spit a loogie in my crankcase I just know it! After that 5K OCI's.

Why did you buy a Ford again?

But anyway, run the factory fill 'till 5k. No harm.

I like our gas powered Ford trucks. Seem to hold up well. People still getting used to Rack and Pinion on a truck though. To much road feel for way to many. Oh well. Built well and having few issues lately with them. Just oddities lately none of this everyone has a bad this or that.

On my Wife's new Ford 500, I changed the filter only @ 1,500 miles.
pat2.gif

Since then it has been 6-months or 5-k.

I have always changed the oil in our new vehicles at 500 and then 3,000, 6,000, 9,000 and so on and use either Valvoline All Climate or Valvoline DuraBlend. We have had our new Sierra for just over 9 months now and it has 2,998 miles on it. I do not know if the time between changes is hard on it or not but that is what I do.

Quote:

I just bought a new 2007 F150,4.2V6,auto.Ford says I can wait until 5k miles for the first oil change and the same there after.I was thinking more like 3k miles.Opinions?
patriot.gif

I have a customer with an 03 F-150 with the v-6 engine. His holds 7qts of oil. I put him on Schaeffer 7000 blend and he is running 10K intervals with no consumption and great UOAs. Engine currently has 130K on it. He was running MC 5W20 which is overpriced and difficult to find in my erea.

Welcome to the F-150 club! Make sure to take some time and check out the forums over at F150online -- you'll learn a lot about the performance and care of your new vehicle!

Just my opinion, but there's no way I would wait 5000 miles for my first oil change! I do my first at 500 miles, my second at 1500 miles, my third at 3000 miles, and then continue on with 3000 mile intervals from there on out.

Overkill? Perhaps. But I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to such a major investment.

For what it's worth, you really can't go wrong with Motorcraft 5W-20 oil and FL-820S filters.

Quote:

Welcome to the F-150 club! Make sure to take some time and check out the forums over at F150online -- you'll learn a lot about the performance and care of your new vehicle!

Just my opinion, but there's no way I would wait 5000 miles for my first oil change! I do my first at 500 miles, my second at 1500 miles, my third at 3000 miles, and then continue on with 3000 mile intervals from there on out.

Overkill? Perhaps. But I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to such a major investment.

For what it's worth, you really can't go wrong with Motorcraft 5W-20 oil and FL-820S filters.

I've been a member at F150Online for years!
The 4.2V6 uses the Motorcraft FL-400S oil filter.
patriot.gif

Change it now .Do the rear end also Transmission specially a manual. I would rather have a Ford than G.M. or a finely German engineered Dodge.

Quote:

I'm a weenier. I always change my oil the first 1000 miles.
Some yahoo at the factory spit a loogie in my crankcase I just know it! After that 5K OCI's.

That might explain the spike in sodium in the UOA!
wink.gif

Quote:

People still getting used to Rack and Pinion on a truck though. To much road feel for way to many. Oh well.

Are they having a hard time adjusting to a vehicle that doesn't have 45° of slop in the steering wheel?
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back