2004 Saab 9-3 M1 0w-40 15400 Miles on oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
every 1000 miles I add 2 oz of a 50:50 LC20:#132 mixture (a molabrew of old) to the oil.

By the end of the OCI, the oil was overfilled a bit on the stick, but it was less than a millimeter.

Many will dispute, and this is not a diss on M1 as it is a fine oil - but I think this consistent use of LC20/Neutra combo has contributed significantly to the Low Iron wear and very High TBN (over 7) for 15k miles

IMHO opinion, even though you started with a fine oil, it can be improved with the right additives.

Just because most oil additives are snake oil, does not mean they all are - kudos to LC and Schaeffer's as well for this superb report.

I was thinking the same thing, Jax_RX8. This report is very outstanding and I think it is so outstanding that the LC/#132 mixture must have helped considerably. Others should consider trying this combination as well.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I may start using chevron next, as it is apparently $9-10 for the full workup!

Not in my neck of the woods. I called their Chicago facility - basic test+TBN: $175 for 10 kits.

I'm still trying to get a hold of Wearcheck - they're not returning my calls.

I went to wearchech and could not find their prices. Does one have to pre-order samples to get such an outstanding rate?

IMO you're running the oil too long. It's thickening and starting to impact combustion chamber seal, as evidenced by increase in viscosity and nitration over the previous runs

Excellent results JHZR2!

I also use the 50/50 mix of LC and #132. 6 oz at oil change, more if there is some oil consumption. Good results so far, and compatable with all oils I have used. You have to add the LC, or the 132 is too heavy to pour into the engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back