2 more Auto-rx mules, clean phase started 04/05/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Trav.

Having spent a lot of time on the site, and trying A-Rx for myself I can safely say this. A-Rx most likely helps clean better than oil alone, since there are satisfied users reporting results. What I've found is there are products that do a great job cleaning an engine, faster and for less money and effort. In the end do your homework when looking to clean up an engine and base your decision on that. There's enough evidence and testimony on this site to make a wise decision.
Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Trav I think you're projecting. I'm not even talking about Auto-RX and I'd love if you could provide proof that myself and some of the apparently happy Auto-RX users in this thread constitute any more of a "brigade" than you are for Kreen or that demarpaint (sorry to drag you into it) is for MMO.

I'm no tribologist, but if any of the good ones regularly participated on this board any more, they could explain to you that all fully formulated PCMOs and HDEOs have detergent or cleaning compounds built into them. How much is a careful balancing act with all of the other things an oil must do, including hitting a desired price point. Current Pennzoil formulations may or may not have something extra in this regard. Their advertising is pretty heavy in this area but as I pointed out, other brands make similar sounding claims so who knows.

I'm not discrediting anyone nor pointing my fingers, but you're awful quick to come to that conclusion. Care to comment on the substance of my last post?

jeff

Quote:
I'd love if you could provide proof that myself and some of the apparently happy Auto-RX users in this thread constitute any more of a "brigade" than you are for Kreen or that demarpaint (sorry to drag you into it) is for MMO.

Search ARX threads,folks have been attacked on this board by some members and even the owner of ARX for even questioning the effectiveness of ARX.
ARX used paid posters,ARX forum moderators,ARX distributors and others to promote the product and attack or question anyone who dared to question its cleaning abilities,it still goes on today,in this very thread there is a ARX forum moderator and distributor if you read it from page 1.

As far as Kreen or MMO is concerned,AFAIK no one is being paid to promote the product if it works great if it doesn't it doesn't no one is going to get a verbal flailing for saying so,it is what it is an alternative cleaning product nothing more or less.

I don't need a tribologist to explain to me what my own eyes can see.If something is getting cleaner i can see it,for me that's proof enough and i could care less about how or what was used to achieve it as long as it does not damage the engine doing it.

Last edited:
So because some posters have in the past acted a certain way, that indicts people like me, westwind, Gary Allen, etc? Clever way to discredit anyone who dares to post an alternative opinion to yours.

jeff

Originally Posted By: greenjp
Trav I think you're projecting. I'm not even talking about Auto-RX and I'd love if you could provide proof that myself and some of the apparently happy Auto-RX users in this thread constitute any more of a "brigade" than you are for Kreen or that demarpaint (sorry to drag you into it) is for MMO.

I'm no tribologist, but if any of the good ones regularly participated on this board any more, they could explain to you that all fully formulated PCMOs and HDEOs have detergent or cleaning compounds built into them. How much is a careful balancing act with all of the other things an oil must do, including hitting a desired price point. Current Pennzoil formulations may or may not have something extra in this regard. Their advertising is pretty heavy in this area but as I pointed out, other brands make similar sounding claims so who knows.

I'm not discrediting anyone nor pointing my fingers, but you're awful quick to come to that conclusion. Care to comment on the substance of my last post?

jeff

You haven't dragged me in. A-Rx worked for you that's great. Read the pages here and keep tally of satisfied users of A-Rx, MMO, Kreen and any other cleaners. I think you'll find A-Rx is not the shining star it once was. I also think API SN oils, are going to clean better than SM oils, or older formulations. My suggestion to anyone considering an additive to clean an engine is spend an hour or so reading threads, and keeping score then make the choice.

All right boys, it's almost time and I'm checking my list to see who is naughty or nice. Hope to see all of you later tonight.

Your Pal,

santa.jpg

I remember, at one time on the Arx site, it was claimed that Arx would/could cure 95% of ALL CAR problems!!!!
I kid you not.
I think the product has some value, (I tried it, but it didn't work for me) But mainly it was just over-sold.

I think all advertising exaggerates, what about all the Castrol commercials. So what if ARX does too.

I never thought I was going to end up with a polished jewel that I wouldn't even need a flashlight to look inside. Anything that saves a rebuild is money well spent.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Search ARX threads,folks have been attacked on this board by some members and even the owner of ARX for even questioning the effectiveness of ARX.
ARX used paid posters,ARX forum moderators,ARX distributors and others to promote the product and attack or question anyone who dared to question its cleaning abilities,it still goes on today,in this very thread there is a ARX forum moderator and distributor if you read it from page 1. [/quote]

Actually, I think the ARX forum Moderator guy doesn't even like ARX anymore.

[/quote]

Actually, I think the ARX forum Moderator guy doesn't even like ARX anymore. [/quote]

Kind of says it all!

Originally Posted By: expat
Quote:

Actually, I think the ARX forum Moderator guy doesn't even like ARX anymore.

Kind of says it all!

There has been some mods that have left ARX....I think they got mad with the paid posters of it along with other items.

Fair enough,i didn't mean to put you in with some other people and i apologize for that.
Gary Allen while he maybe a ARX supporter has never been involved in any bashing that i have seen and seems to be straight up guy IMO,he hasn't posted so its unfair bringing him into this,the other names you mentioned are unknown to me so i cant say anything.

I honestly have no problem at all with debate and difference of opinion.What i do have problems with is this seemingly covert promotional operation on the behalf and possibly the behest of ARX since it stopped being a site sponsor.

This is getting old and taking a wrong direction,time to move on for me anyway.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Well said Trav.

Having spent a lot of time on the site, and trying A-Rx for myself I can safely say this. A-Rx most likely helps clean better than oil alone, since there are satisfied users reporting results. What I've found is there are products that do a great job cleaning an engine, faster and for less money and effort. In the end do your homework when looking to clean up an engine and base your decision on that. There's enough evidence and testimony on this site to make a wise decision.
Merry Christmas!

And my nomination for the biggest "bang for the buck" of them all goes to MMO. Looking at the before/after photos from the poster who used the product that cleaned out all of the varnish under the filler cap, I had the same experience when I used MMO after buying my Volvo with about 110,000 miles on it a few years ago. There were no oil-related noises or problems, but I decided to run 20% MMO in a fill of RTS 5w40 for 5,000 miles just to be sure. The filler cap looked about like the before photo when I started and the varnish was baked on. I checked after a few hundred miles and some of the varnish was gone and the rest seemed to be softened when I scratched it with a fingernail. By the end of the OCI, the cap looked about like the after photo and it got there without any application of "elbow grease" on my part. And, it was better than getting the cleanup for free. My S90 paid me back $1.23 in cash. [MMO was 3.77 a quart while RTS was $5.00]

I suspect that the Auto-RX may have cleaned down inside the subject engine of the original poster where it is important. Varnish under the filler cap might not matter as far as the engine's performance and longevity are concerned. I do like clean that I can see, though, and I know that MMO is cleaning down inside the engine too. That, and the low cost, keep me using it as my go-to product.

Last edited:
We are all impatient here; has Kreen fixed the problem yet? Where are the pictures? :) It mean it has been well over 250 hours since last update!!

Last edited:
Quote:

There has been 35 ARX Threads that have been LOCKED on this FORUM. That should tell members here how well this product works in engines.

Tells me you have been to all 35
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Not the Autorx Frank
Quote:

There has been 35 ARX Threads that have been LOCKED on this FORUM. That should tell members here how well this product works in engines.

Tells me you have been to all 35
27.gif

You're late to the party Frank, c3po has been banned.

i haven't had time to accept trav's offer of FREE kreen, but here's a quick update. Both cars have been driven about 2500 on German Castrol after rinse cycle #2. The XC kept getting a P0014 code so I finally got around to pulling the CVVT solenoid to check its gasket. It has a built-in metal mesh filter and BOY was it gunked up! I hit it with multiple shots of cleaner, and I could only get rid of about 40% of the gunk, I replaced it with a new gasket. The picture is below, and remember, the pic was taken AFTER cleaning it. i'd like to think this is evidence of auto-rx slowly working.

P1020094%20%28Large%29.JPG

Last edited:
db130, I have found this thread very interesting, it seems you showed us some pics inside your oil fill hole back in April of 2009, I am just wondering, since it is almost 2 years later, maybe you could give us some current pics of your oil fill hole to let us know how well auto-rx is working for you.

You said that you thought auto-rx was slowly working, how much time are you going to give this product to work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back