2 more Auto-rx mules, clean phase started 04/05/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
PontiacFan,

The reason why I haven't updated the oil fill hole pics is because there have been no improvements in that area. However, judging by what has collected inside the oil filter housing(post #1593338 on page 1) and on the CVVT gasket mesh screen(picture above your post), rx does seem to clean albeit slowly. That being said, my rx experiment has run its course. Would I continue purchasing more quantities of rx for maintenance doses? Probably not. Do I think the product was beneficial to my engines? I'd say yes.

I encourage others to draw their own conclusions and make their own decisions.

My 850 turbo looks better than that down the oil fill with 190,000 miles and 10,000 mile ODI with Schaeffer #9000 5W-40 syn. Even then, the small amount of hard black crusty stuff you have is nothing like the thick soft sludge some engines develop.

The first time I used Auto-Rx I noticed the engine running smoother and it seemed peppier. After a steady diet of the oil above, another Auto-Rx dose about 100,000 miles later made little difference, and the appearance in the oil fill didn't change much either time. A-Rx smoothed out the transmission somewhat, new fluid (Schaeffer 204SAT) smoothed it out more, and Lubegard smoothed it out a bit more. I'm satisfied with how this transmission works with this mileage.

Originally Posted By: db130

The reason why I haven't updated the oil fill hole pics is because there have been no improvements in that area.

Sounds like it is time for another oil additive, seems like Kreen would be the ticket for cleaning up your Valvetrain.

Quote:
However, judging by what has collected inside the oil filter housing(post #1593338 on page 1) and on the CVVT gasket mesh screen(picture above your post)

I am just wondering if you had checked both of these areas before using auto-rx.

Quote:
rx does seem to clean albeit slowly.

How long does one have to wait for auto-rx to actually work and show results, I do not think you would wait half an hour for a Big Mac at McDonald's.

Quote:
That being said, my rx experiment has run its course. Would I continue purchasing more quantities of rx for maintenance doses? Probably not.

It kind of sounds like you are done with auto-rx and your post is why many members here are looking to other oil additives to clean there engines.

Quote:
Do I think the product was beneficial to my engines? I'd say yes.

It certainly did not hurt your engine, but in reality, if it was really beneficial, you would have gotten results and you would be purchasing more auto-rx.

Quote:

I encourage others to draw their own conclusions and make their own decisions.

My conclusion here is that Kreen would work better, it is cheaper than auto-rx, and from what I have read from Trav's posts it seems to be a better product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back