1st time in 30+ years going away from Mobil 1....Amsoil and flush

It’s been over 2 months since mr gto began his trip from Bradenton to Marco Island with a fresh flush and fill with Amsoil in the crankcase but not a peep since. He was going to “check the innards” of the Mobil1 filter upon his return. I can’t help but fear the worst....:unsure:

It kind of amazes me that a few can get by using cheap oils and a long oci. I much rather keep it to 5k or no more than a year. I'd trust the Mobil 1 and/or Amsoil to give very good on protection against wear.

I personally know some people that uses flush with every oil change. They never had a visible problem doing this and keeping the cars until the body rotted (and engines were fine).

I am an unapologetic Amsoil user and fan. I agree with the consensus that the flush is unnecessary. I've also been on an extended business trip when my wife decided she couldn't go another day without seeing me so she drove 6 hours. When she got to me, her oil was overdue for change, I had no Amsoil with me, so I went to local Walmart and purchased M1 EP 5W30. I changed her oil in Walmart parking lot. (I carry tools, jack & stands, etc. in my trunk). BTW, I've been using Amsoil for ~15 years. Nothing wrong with either oil. Do what lets you sleep at night.
An advantage to "short" OCI's is you don't spend an hour in the walmart parking lot under a car when your wife drove 6 hours to see you, it leaves you margin to not have to do that

An advantage to "short" OCI's is you don't spend an hour in the walmart parking lot under a car when your wife drove 6 hours to see you, it leaves you margin to not have to do that
I am not accountable to you; but there were further details I did not mention...
The car she was drove for 6 hours to see me was "new to us" and had whatever cheap XXXX oil the dealer put in it to call it "fresh." I own too many cars to mess with "short" OCI's; and they are BITOG maintained, all fluids. I use Amsoil SS 5W30, Amsoil SS ATF, Amsoil PS fluid, Prestone Dexcool, and Bosch ESi6 brake fluid. I have an Excel spreadsheet and I can tell you everything done to those cars since 2005. I usually run OCI (Amsoil) more than a year and I have gone almost to 40K with bypass filtration and UOA. You can change your oil every weekend if you like. You do you and I'll be me. ;)

I am not accountable to you; but there were further details I did not mention...
The car she was drove for 6 hours to see me was "new to us" and had whatever cheap XXXX oil the dealer put in it to call it "fresh." I own too many cars to mess with "short" OCI's; and they are BITOG maintained, all fluids. I use Amsoil SS 5W30, Amsoil SS ATF, Amsoil PS fluid, Prestone Dexcool, and Bosch ESi6 brake fluid. I have an Excel spreadsheet and I can tell you everything done to those cars since 2005. I usually run OCI (Amsoil) more than a year and I have gone almost to 40K with bypass filtration and UOA. You can change your oil every weekend if you like. You do you and I'll be me. ;)
So you changed oil that had what like 1k miles on it because it was "cheap" aka not Amsoil?

Yes, you do you

Skip the flush. I would continue to use any good synthetic oils the same weight and spec as the Mobile1 you are using such as Napa, Supertech, Castrol Magnatec or Quaker State Ultimate Durability. Pocket the savings.
You seem to have good oil change practices and any good oil and good oil filter will be fine with your stated oil change intervals. This will have a far greater effect on the longevity of your engine than what name is on any oil label.
But I get it, you have the BITOG bug. Currently I have Amsoil, Napa, Redline and Shell Rotella Gas Truck in my oil stash. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back